Chapter 053: Warning

When the ox cart drove into the village, Qin Mian took the rope from Lei Tie's hand and said to him: "Go invite third and fourth brothers to come home together. I'll tell them in detail."

Lei Tie nodded, lifted his long legs, and jumped easily from the still moving ox cart.

Several villagers followed him with curious eyes. The news about Lei Tie knew kung fu had been spread widely. Such a person made them feel both respect and fear.

Every day when he got home, the first thing Qin Mian did was boil water for washing. When the firewood in the hollow of the stove just burned up, Lei Tie came back.

"Third and the fourth brothers also went to dredge up the river. They are having dinner, so they will come soon." Lei Tie took the firewood from Qin Mian's hands and sat down in front of the kitchen stove.

The weather was becoming chilly and everything was ice-cold. Qin Mian happily allowed him to help and put his hands back into his pockets.

"Did second brother go?"

"No."

He knew it would be like that. Qin Mian disdained this person, Lei Xiangren.

"You didn't say anything to the third and fourth brothers, did you?"

Lei Tie said: "Just said there is something important to look for them."

"That's good." Qin Mian turned to open the cupboard and took out the tangerine peel, cinnamon and other things to be ground later, weighed them one by one and put them aside. These ingredients should be ground before going to bed, to be used for the next day.

The two did their own things respectively. Although there was no conversation, the atmosphere in the kitchen was quiet and warm.

"Eldest brother, eldest sister-in-law, we came."

Lei Xiangyi and Lei Xiangli walked in one after another, both were shrinking their necks and hands in their sleeves.

"This damn weather is getting colder."

"You two came." Qin Mian was blunt with them, "The water hasn't boiled yet, so I won't serve you tea. Go sit in the living room."

Lei Xiangyi sat down on the soft settee, felt it quietly before he sat upright and asked curiously, "Eldest brother said you are looking for us for something. What is it?"

Qin Mian sat on the settee. "I heard your eldest brother say that you've been to the Six Bends River to dredge it up these two days? Are there many people going there?"

Lei Xiangyi said: "Today is the third day. There are a lot of people. Eldest sister-in-law probably doesn't know. The Six Bends River is wide and long, so the local authority hired many people to dredge up the river every year."