Chapter 157: Bangyan and Tanhua

After Uncle Fu sent Qian Shi and Li Shi out, he hesitated outside the door with an expression that he had something to say but could not say it.

Lei Tie frowned, "Steward Fu, what's the matter?"

Qin Mian looked at him with suspicion.

Uncle Fu bowed his head as he pleaded guilty, "Forgive me, Eldest Master. During these days, there are some gossips in the village – the workers employed by the vermicelli workshop and the winery are people in the village, but none of Eldest Master's brothers are hired... The Second-gongzi's wife is a little uneasy, and the Third-gongzi's wife seems to have some complaints." In any case, the Eldest Master and his brothers were blood-related brothers. For a servant like him to speak of these words would seem as if he was sowing discord, so he had hesitated.

Qin Mian said nothing. His mind remained unchanged. He didn't want to be directly involved with any of Lei Xiangren, Lei Xiangyi, Lei Xiangli, and Lei Xiangzhi in business. If they had been arranged in the workshops, would they be treated as relatives or workers? Nevertheless, it was not surprising for the villagers to gossip about it. In their opinion, relatives were more reliable than outsiders, so it was unreasonable not to draw in one's brothers.

"The villagers don't know about the charcoal burning?" asked Lei Tie.

Uncle Fu said, "As soon as your servant, I, heard those gossips, I had someone released the news that Little Master had given them [the Lei siblings] the secret formula of charcoal burning."

Lei Tie said, "You find an opportunity to talk with Lei Xiangyi and Lei Xiangli. If they want to do a small business, we can lend them money. Don't say anything superfluous."

Qin Mian heard it and nodded to himself, It's a good idea.

Uncle Fu also understood, "Your servant will go now."

After Uncle Fu left, Qin Mian gave Lei tie a look of appreciation.

Lei Tie took the opportunity to put his arms around his wife's waist. He would not allow anything that might embarrass his wife.

Lei Xiangyi and Lei Xiangli lived next to each other. Both brothers were there. Upon seeing Uncle Fu, they welcomed him in.

"Steward Fu, did Eldest Brother and Eldest Sister-in-law have something to tell us?" asked Lei Xiangli.

Uncle Fu said with a smile, "Third-gongzi and Fourth-gongzi, our Eldest Master sent this servant to ask what you plan to do in the future. If you want to do some small business, our Eldest Master said that he can lend money to the two gongzis."

Lei Xiangyi and Lei Xiangli understood as soon as they heard that. Lei Tie and Qin Mian would rather lend them money to do business than let them get involved in the processing yard. They certainly had some discomfort in their hearts, feeling that they were not as good as outsiders in their Eldest Brother and Eldest Sister-in-law's minds. But on the second thought, they could understand why Lei Tie and his wife did that. Even the teeth would bite the tongue sometimes, not to mention between people? If brothers were less involved in each other's interests, their relationship would last longer. Besides, an upright person should be grateful and content with one's lot. For a long time, did Qin Mian and Lei Tie take little care of them?

Thinking so, the two brothers were relieved and told Uncle Fu that they had to think about it carefully. If they decided to borrow money, they would visit Leisurely Farmhouse in person.

As for Lei Xiangren, the two brothers ignored him as if nothing had occurred in their minds.

......

Qin Mian started to expand his family's business as he had planned. Because there were going to be a cooking competition in a month, he only started on the beverage shop for the time being; he added various kinds of pastries to sell in the beverage shop, including sweet and salty ones, such as candied jujube pudding, sweet-scented osmanthus jelly, red bean cake, crisp-fried rolls, egg cakes, custard tarts, puddings, biscuits, and so on. Many of the varieties could be made into different flavors with different fruits. In particular, egg cakes and biscuits could be made into different shapes, such as stars, moon, animals, flowers, and the likes. As soon as the new products were launched, "Glimmer of Paradise" had once again caused a sensation in Zhaoyang County.