Chapter 109: New Carriage

"......Qiu Chuji was just going to answer before his expression abruptly changed and said, 'someone is here for me. No matter what happens, you two stay inside and don't come out, understand?' Guo and Yang nodded. Qiu Chuji bent over to pick up the human head, walked out of the door, jumped on a tree, and hid among its branches and leaves. Who is this incoming person? Why did Qiu Chuji's expression change? Predict what will happen and listen to the for an explanation."

With a 'pa', the gavel struck again.

At this time, the tea room customers collected their thoughts from the tale after being surprised, and could not help feeling that time passed too fast.

Nie Heng and Mu Chen looked at each other in amazement. They had heard a lot of story-telling, but this was the first time they were so absorbed in hearing it. All the pastries were eaten but the tea was forgotten – they didn't drink even a mouthful.

A customer disgruntledly shouted, "Storyteller Lin, today's tale is too little! Please tell us a bit more! It's not easy for us to come from far away!"

"Yes, Storyteller Lin, it's still early. Please tell us the !"

"Storyteller Lin..."

Seeing this situation, how could Lin Qiang not understand that today's storytelling was very successful? He was so excited but he didn't dare to show it on his face. He cupped his fist and said, "Ladies and gentlemen, please come again tomorrow, please!"

There was another sound of protest.

Qin Mian and Lei Tie slipped out while no one was paying attention to them.

"I thought Lin Qiang would have some stage fright but didn't expect this boy to perform so well. It seems that I have a pair of eyes that are good at discovering [talents]!" With hands clasped behind his back, Qin Mian took measured steps and lifted his head, aiming an incline look at Lei Tie with a smile in his eyes, "[Am I] right?"

Lei Tie nodded.

"Lin Qiang has no problem, so Ye Fengqiu should also have no problem." Qin Mian felt a little worn out after being in a state of nerve-racking for most of the day, "Let's go home after taking today's large amount of income?"

"There's no hurry to return home. Go to the carpentry shop and change the carriage." Lei Tie added, "The old carriage doesn't work well."

He was not a professional carpenter. The carriage that he made was used too often that the boards frequently loosened and shook several times, very likely to fall apart. It was troublesome to constantly repair it.

"Sure. Since it needs to be made, let's make the best one. Go back to the lounge and I'll tell you in detail." Qin Mian had another idea. He pushed the man's back and urged him to go quickly. Back in the lounge, Qin Mian began to draw.

The main problem with ancient carriages was that the wheels were not very good at shock absorption because it was either made of wood or iron without tires. The basic function of the tire was to buffer the vibration. It was fine if the road was level, but if one encountered an uneven road surface, one's internal organs could change positions while sitting in the bumpy carriage. Qin Mian thought that rubber could be obtained from rubber trees. Rubber trees liked high temperature, high humidity, calm wind, and fertile soil, belonging to subtropical plants. In his understanding, the climate of Green Mountain Village was like central China, which most likely didn't have rubber trees. He didn't plan to spend time on the mountain near Green Mountain Village, so he decided to go directly into the space to look for it when he was home.