Chapter 092: Wife Said...

Qin Mian didn't mention who the other small basket was for.

"I understand. Rest assured, Little Young Master." Xile washed his hands in the basin, picked up two baskets, and left quickly.

When the sun was setting, all the cherries were finished. Qin Mian settled the wages for the helpers. After they left, he picked up the remaining basket of cherries and pointed to the three or four jin of cherries specially reserved as he said to Aunt Fu, "Aunt Fu. This is for you, Uncle Fu, and Xile to have."

"Many thanks, Little Young Master." Aunt Fu was used to the little young master's generosity, and her respect for Qin Mian was the same as before.

Qin Mian waved his hand and went out with his basket. Out of the gate of the courtyard, he took a glance at the mountain forest in the distance.

On the evening of early summer, the villagers came out of their homes and gathered in twos and threes to enjoy the cool air and chat while waiting for the dinner to be cooked.

Upon seeing Qin Mian, they all greeted him in a friendly way.

"Lei Tie's wife, where are you going this late?"

Qin Mian said with a smile, "Going to send some cherries to my parents."

"So much." The villagers cheerfully said, "You and your Lei Tie are truly filial to your parents!"

"Hah-hah," Qin Mian only laughed.

"I heard that your cherries are not only big but also sweet. It's a pity that you don't sell them. Otherwise, we'd like to buy some. Hehe, our children talked about it every day a few days ago," said an aunt regretfully.

Qin Mian said apologetically, "It's the first time for A-Tie and I planted fruit trees. We didn't expect that those fruit trees grew better than others, fortunately. That's why we want to sell them at the wine house and make more money. However, it won't be the case for next year. Next year, we'll only keep part of it for cherry juice and cherry jam, and sell the rest. Aunties and uncles can buy them if you want to."

The few villagers were very delighted.

"Good, that's a deal."

Zhao Shi was collecting the laundry in the yard when she saw Qin Mian come in with a basket of cherries. She could care less about the laundry and rushed to welcome him with a face full of smiles. Her tone was cordial, "Eldest Sister-in-law, you are here. It's heavy, isn't it? I'll carry it."

This basket of cherries weighed at least 8 to 9 Jin. It's not light. Qin Mian let her grab the basket.

"Father, mother! Eldest Sister-in-law is here!"

Zhao Shi shouted toward the house. She grabbed three to four cherries, put them into her mouth, and called out vaguely, "Dabao, Xiaobao! Where the hell are you?"

Qin Mian shook his head and walked into the central room.

Lei Daqiang and Du Shi smiled at Qin Mian when they saw the basket in Zhao Shi's hand.

Lei Daqiang said, "Eldest's wife, come in and sit down."

"Eldest Sister-in-law." Lei Xiangyi, Lei Xiangli, and Lei Chuntao appeared one after another.

Lei Xiangren ran to Zhao Shi's side and grabbed a bunch of cherries before Du Shi grabbed the basket. He greeted Qin Mian, "Eldest Sister-in-law."

Qin Mian nodded without a word.