Chapter 072: Digging Pond (1)

Back at home, Lei Tie went to the well and directly scooped water from the well to pour on his face.

Qin Mian frowned, "The water in the well now is still very cold, careful or you'll catch a cold."

"Unlikely, my body's strong." Lei Tie pulled off the towel on the clothes-drying pole to wipe his face.

Strong body? Qin Mian's gaze slipped from his broad shoulders to his thick chest, to his narrow waist, to his buttocks, and then to his long legs. He coughed and looked away.

"Did you see White Spot?"

Lei Tie said, "Probably went to the mountain."

White Spot had not lost its wildness just because it lived with two humans. From time to time, it went to the mountain alone. Sometimes for two to three days and occasionally brought back a small prey. At first, Qin Mian was worried that it would not return home at night. Later, seeing that it was dirty, tired, and had never been hurt, he let it have its way.

Qin Mian lit up the oil lamps in the house. He went into the kitchen to take a bowl and filled it with spiritual spring water. He carried it out to Lei Tie. "You get two buckets of water, mix this bowl of water in it, and then pour some on each fruit tree."

Lei Tie did not ask a word as he nodded and went out with the bowl.

Qin Mian could see from the kitchen window that he bent down to lift water from the well. His arms and shoulders were imbued with power, and his back, waist, and hip outlined a charming curve. When Lei Tie's back disappeared outside the courtyard, he suddenly realized that he had been watching Lei Tie all the time. He rubbed his face to pull himself together and calmly scooped out rice to rinse. They had made certain of their intentions and Lei Tie belonged to his family. Wasn't it normal that he could not help staring at Lei Tie?

When Lei Tie came back from watering, Qin Mian grabbed his neck without warning and forced a kiss on his lips. He was a little puzzled. Upon seeing his wife walk away leisurely to continue cooking with lively movement and a good mood, Lei Tie was relieved and sat quietly in his usual position – in front of the stove, watching the fire and adding firewood.

"How many people should we hire to start digging the pond tomorrow?" Qin Mian ladled up the well-fried twice-cooked pork into the plate, which smelled extremely savoury. He picked up his chopsticks and clipped a piece of meat to eat. Then he clipped another piece of meat and sent it to Lei Tie's mouth. "Have a taste."

Lei Tie held the chopsticks and looked at him as he bit at the meat.

Qin Mian suddenly remembered that he had not changed the chopsticks.

"Thirty people. Twenty-two people dug up soil and eight people pick up the soil." Lei Tie spoke after swallowing the meat in his mouth.

Qin Mian began to make the second dish, which was stir-fried lean meat with dried red pepper. Nowadays, even without a meat tenderizer or cornstarch, he could still fry lean meat to be tender and delicious. When he was making dumplings on the evening of the ninth day of the first month, he inadvertently remembered that there was a time in his previous life when he was cooking, the cornstarch at home was used up and he forgot to buy it. Then, inspiration struck him to use flour. After mixing with flour, the cured lean meat was very soft and tender, not tough at all.