Chapter 159: The Competition Begins

After the meeting ended, Qin Mian called Manager Sun to the lounge.

"Manager Sun, take this instruction: all the guests in Double Xiang House must be treated with care during these days. Tea, snacks, fruits, and three meals a day all should be served most exquisitely. Let them experience for themselves that our small region also has a noble grade enjoyment. Also, get some copies of the pastry list from the bakery. We'll provide them whatever they order. Of course, the prices are still charged as usual but give them a 10% discount. As for Old Liu and the other two, they all receive a 20% discount."

"Yes! Don't worry, Little Boss. We'll do our very best!" Manager Sun left with high morale.

A waiter knocked on the door and reported, "Reporting, Little Boss. Nie-gongzi is here."

"Invite in."

Dressed in white, Nie Heng came in with a face wreathed in smiles.

Qin Mian looked him up and down and teased, "How can you be willing to go out today?"

"You dare to mention it." Nie Heng willfully sat down and consciously took the cherry in the fruit plate to eat. "You and Lei Tie didn't show up at my wedding. I wanted Yuanyuan and Manman to be my bed-rolling boys. What a pity."

"You, show understanding and sympathy for us, too." Qin Mian complained, "Our Double Xiang House has to accept the challenge of many wine houses at the same time. Is it easy for A-Tie and me? We certainly have to seize the time to practice more."

Nie Heng went straight to the heart of the matter, "It's your Double Xiang House that challenges all wine houses at the same time, isn't it?"

Qin Mian smiled but said nothing.

"You should already know? My wine house also participated," added Nie Heng.

Qin Mian nodded, "Yes. You have the right to join. You probably don't know that Liu Yunwei is here. I heard he used to be an Imperial Chef?"

Nie Heng's spirit was boosted, "Really? Of course, Old Liu is always a legend in the realm of chefs. Rumor has it that at first, Old Liu was just setting up a stall on the roadside. When the current Emperor was young, he went out on an inspection tour in disguise and accidentally discovered Old Liu and brought him into the Palace. Later, Old Liu became famous overnight. Although I don't know whether it's true or not, Old Liu is a man of real ability. This competition, even if we don't win, if we can get Old Liu's advice, we're considered very lucky."

Qin Mian very much agreed with it. As he was about to speak, the door was pushed open.

"Wife..." Lei Tie came in carrying two sleepy-eyed little boys. Upon seeing Nie Heng, he nodded, "Congratulations. Give birth to a son soon."

Nie Heng's forehead twitched. Are these words truly not meant to flaunt?

"Many thanks..."

"Dad." Manman coquettishly called out. His just-woke-up voice was so soft it stirred one's soft spot.

Yuanyuan stretched out his hands to Qin Mian. His face was as red as an apple because he had been asleep for quite a while.

Qin Mian walked over quickly, "What's the matter?"

"They want you as soon as they woke up." Lei Tie handed Yuanyuan and Manman to Qin Mian.

At the side, Nie Heng snickered. The cold and stiff-man seemed to have become a nursing father now.

Qin Mian held each boy in one arm. In his arms, Yuanyuan and Manman rubbed against him as drowsiness crept over them.