Chapter 139: Fund a School Construction

"Three years..." Qin Mian scratched his chin, still hesitant. "It's a waste of time not to open the new shop for three years."

Lei Tie rubbed his chin against his wife's head. "I'll decide. The new shop will open but temporarily won't sell pastries, only drinks. Simple drinks, easy to teach."

His rare emphatic made Qin Mian quickly make up his mind, "[I'll] listen to you. So then, except for grapes, we'll reserve one-third of our fruits and sell the rest to Nie Heng and Mu Chen."

"En." Lei Tie had no objection.

"Aa yaa..." Manman waved his little arms.

Qin Mian crawled over and picked him up. "Son, what happened? Did no one pay attention to you?"

Manman leaned on him, looking very happy, "Yaa yaa."

Yuanyuan looked at Lei Tie.

Lei Tie also picked him up. The father and son looked at each other, both remained silent.

Qin Mian heartily laughed and went back to Lei Tie. He sat next to the man and used Manman's small hand to touch Yuanyuan's hand. "Here, you brothers play together."

"Yaa..." Manman smiled with eyes shaped into crescents.

Yuanyuan raised his little arms. "Aa."

Watching them, Qin Mian was overjoyed, while the expression on Lei Tie's face was flat yet gentle. Qin Mian didn't notice that Lei Tie's eyes fell mostly on him.

In the later part of the 5th lunar month, the cherries began to ripen. Qin Mian taught Aunt Fu, Aunt Quan, and Lei-Qin Le's wife how to make fruit juices and milk tea. A few days later, Glimmer of Paradise Beverage Shop opened for business. Sweet drinks were more popular with women and children and soon became the most popular drinks in town. Every day near noon, there were long lines outside the shop.

It had been a whole year since Double Xiang House was established, which had greatly promoted the economic development in Running Water Town. Following Nie Heng's transport line, there were two domesticated animal fodder shops, three vegetable shops, and two tea shops established in Running Water Town, as well as many vendor's stalls selling local specialties, rainwear, and other goods. Not only that, even a shrewd businessman bought a piece of land next to Double Xiang House and built a two-storied general store, which gathered all kinds of goods – wasn't it the same as a department store in the later generation? It might not be too wasteful of a trip coming to Running Water Town just to have a meal and listen to storytelling in Double Xiang House when in passing, one could buy some goods and bring them back to sell. What could one have against it?

As Qin Mian expected, Running Water Town became more prosperous than before. There were more vehicles and passers-by. Hence, the monthly profit of Glimmer of Paradise Beverage Shop was very impressive.

It was very cool and refreshing to drink a glass of juice with ice, especially as the weather got hotter and hotter. The drinks variety also gradually increased, such as cherry, peach, strawberry, watermelon...

In the 8th lunar month, the grapes in the vineyard ripened; each of them was big and purple, like clusters of beautiful purple pearls hang on the grape trellis, making one's mouth watery. After picking one to taste, the sweetness made one unable to stop even though one wanted to.

In the sweltering summer at the start of dragon hour (7 am), the sun was unusually blazing.

The servants of Leisurely Farmhouse put on straw hats and came to the vineyard with straw baskets. After finding the ripe grape clusters within the green leaves, they held the vines in one hand, cut the cluster with shears on the other hand, and put them into the basket gently. About an hour later, there would be a cart coming to transport these grapes.