Chapter 144: Gifted Ingenious Children

Two years later...

It was sunny for two days before it began to rain. At first, it was only a fine drizzle, but it soon became heavy rain. Rainwater fell from the roof, like a natural bead curtain. The raindrops pitter-pattered on the green leaves, and soon there were more pools of water on the wet ground. Although it was the 3rd lunar month, it was still very cold because of the rain. Qin Mian got up and went to the bedroom to get Yuanyuan and Manman's cotton-padded coats.

The two boys, who were a month short of three-year-old, sat on two adjustable-height dining chairs while leaning forward on the table as they obediently scooped rice in their small bowls to eat with spoons. They also wore a blue bib around their necks.

"Aih, can't play happily in rainy weather." Manman propped his chin and sighed like a small adult as he looked at the misty rain outside with melancholy.

The corner of Lei Tie's mouth curled up; he wiped the steamed egg custard on the corner of Manman's mouth with a handkerchief.

When Qin Mian came in with the two little boys' coats, he heard Manman's words and was simmered with laughter. A small kid also knows to sigh.

Then, he heard Yuanyuan said, "Didi, rainy weather has arrived, is sunny weather still far away?"

Qin Mian palmed his forehead. He was wrong. He shouldn't have replaced a storybook with an essay textbook last night.

He went over and rubbed Yuanyuan's head. "Alright, you two little boys. If you don't eat quickly, the food will be cold."

Lei Tie took the coats in his wife's hand, "Wife, you eat."

Qin Mian saw two shelled salty eggs on his plate and softly laughed. Needless to say, Lei Tie must have helped him peel them.

"A-Tie, you've finished eating?"

"En." Lei Tie took off the bibs on the sons' necks before putting on the thick coats for them, and then tied the bibs again. With his cultivation, he didn't need to eat grains anymore, but he didn't want to miss any of his wife's cooking.

Manman held up his bowl with two hands and said in a clear and loud voice, "Old Dad, Manman still wants to eat egg custard."

"Manman is awesome today," praised Lei Tie promptly as he followed Qin Mian's teaching. He carried the remaining half-bowl of steamed egg custard and added to Manman's bowl until half full with a big spoon. Then, he looked at Yuanyuan, "Yuanyuan."

Yuanyuan nodded his head, "Yuanyuan also wants."

Qin Mian sat next to Yuanyuan and picked some tender and soft leaves from the stir-fried amaranth and put them into Yuanyuan and Manman's bowls.

Their Dad said that they couldn't be picky about food. So, the two little boys ate the vegetables obediently.

Lei Tie sat back on his original seat and clipped dishes for Qin Mian. "Wife, you eat. I'll do it. "

"En." Qin Mian took a bite of the salted egg and the oil seeped out. Elated, he took another bite with the corners of his eyes raised into a charming smile.

It's merely a salted egg with oil seeping out and he is so contented. The bottom of Lei Tie's heart turned into a piece of cotton.

Manman smiled as he approached Yuanyuan's ear and whispered, "Gege, Old Dad looks at Dad in a trance."

Yuanyuan nodded, "En."

The corner of Qin Mian's mouth twitched. He said with a straight face, "Eat properly."