Chapter 094: Coming Home

Lei Tie kept a total of fourteen people who had answered "loyal".

"Take the rest with you," the owner instructed the staff.

Lei Tie stood up and said to fourteen teenagers, "I'll do a few moves and you'll follow."

He demonstrated the first ten moves of a boxing set.

The fourteen teenagers looked at each other as they failed to understand it. A very clean teenager first came up and neatly finished the ten moves. Except for his movements were not too ideal, he hardly made any mistakes. Then, the rest came forward to demonstrate one by one.

Lei Tie kept a total of nine teenagers that was able to remember more than half of the moves and hinted at the owner.

The owner quickly came over, "Nine people, each for 8 silver taels."

Lei Tie nodded. He took out a 100-tael silver banknote and handed it to the owner.

"Thank you for your patronage." The owner received the banknote and returned 28 silver taels to him.

Lei Tie took out a 2-tael ingot and threw it at him, "Buy ration for ten people for two days and hire two fast carriages."

The owner said, "Rest assured, gongzi. We will adequately prepare them for you!"

Lei Tie sat for a short while before the owner said it was done. The two carriages were sturdy two-horse carriages and the coachmen were expert cart drivers.

Lei Tie told the newly bought nine people to get on the carriages with their belongings. He mounted his horse and led the way in front of them to go out of the city directly.

It was already the snake hour. The street was very busy with an endless stream of horses and carriages, and people are hurrying to and fro. There was a strong smell of medicinal herbs floating in the sky of Qingtian Prefecture. When Lei Tie overheard the conversation of several passers-by, he knew that there was a large-scale auction of medicinal materials in Qingtian Prefecture these days. All the rare herbs were sold at the auction. Herbal medicine merchants from all over the country came after hearing the news. It was a good thing if one could buy precious medicinal materials to make it the treasure of the shop.

He Sanzhou, Sihai, and Wuhu led their horses along the stream of people as they looked around and multifariously sighed at the prosperity of Qingtian Prefecture.

Lei Tie glanced at them faintly. With a sway of the reins, the black horse trotted away.

The sky of the sixth lunar month had the face of a child. Less than an hour after departure, the dark clouds gathered in the sky. In a moment, it rained heavily. Although there was a canopy over the heads of the two coachmen sitting on the shaft, the rain still wet their clothes during the galloping of the carriage. They hurriedly took out straw-woven raincoats and put them on.

Lei Tie took out his bamboo hat and rain cape from his pouch on the girdle.

"Boom!" A lightning-struck overhead. The rain turned heavier and rapid, making the vision a little fuzzy.

Old Zhao, the coachman, had wanted to suggest the employer find a place to rest until the rain receded, but upon seeing Lei Tie did not have the slightest means to stop, he could only continue driving the carriage but with a much slower speed.

Lei Tie turned his head and galloped back to the side of the carriage. "Go as fast as you can. I'm paying 5 taels more."

Old Zhao gritted his teeth and stake it all. Anyway, they often worked, so their bodies were strong and not easily sick. It's worth it if they could earn 7 silver taels for this trip.