Chapter 123: The Separation of The Old House

Lei Xiangzhi didn't seem to notice their uneasiness. "So then, our family now has 15 mu of paddy field and 10 mu of farmland. Father, Second Brother, Third Brother, Fourth Brother, and I can each be allocated 3 mu of paddy field and 2 mu of farmland. How to divide the rest is up to father."

Lei Daqiang pondered for a moment and said, "As for the house, at present, everyone still lives in their rooms. The vegetable garden and the kitchen can be shared. The money at home... won't be divided for the time being. Your fourth brother's marriage must be settled this year. It will cost a lot of money to get married in spring at the latest. Only after your fourth brother gets married, can the money be divided. Old Five, what do you think?"

Lei Xiangzhi nodded, "It's reasonable. Fourth Brother is not anymore younger, it's time to get married."

"En." Lei Daqiang was very satisfied with his son's filial obedience. He said with a smile, "As for other small things, it's easy. Farm tools, tableware, and whatnot can be divided according to the headcount."

"Good, I'll go and invite Li Zheng now," said Lei Xiangzhi.

Lei Xiangyi and Lei Xiangli were standing at the gate of the yard. They could guess what Lei Xiangzhi, Lei Daqiang, and Du Shi were discussing. As soon as Lei Xiangzhi came out, they both looked at him nervously for fear of hearing the answer they didn't want to hear.

Lei Xiangzhi smiled and nodded at them.

Lei Xiangyi breathed a sigh of relief, "Fifth Brother, you stay at home. I'll go to invite Li Zheng."

"I'll go and ask Eldest Brother and Eldest Sister-in-law to come over," said Lei Xiangli.

"Alright. Thank you, Third Brother and Fourth Brother," said Lei Xiangzhi with a smile.

Lei Xiangyi and Lei Xiangli quickly left.

"Hey? Where are you two going?" Lei Xiangren came out of the central room, just in time to see Lei Xiangyi and Lei Xiangli happily leave, and quickly called out.

However, no one paid attention to him.

"Fifth Brother, what's going on?" Lei Xiangren hastily asked Lei Xiangzhi.

Lei Xiangzhi answered, "It's a good thing, Second Brother. Do you want to go and find Second Sister-in-law to return home?"

"Oh, I'll go now." Lei Xiangren ran away and went to find Zhao Shi, who was chatting in another person's house.

"Fifth Brother." Lei Chuntao came out of her room and looked at Lei Xiangzhi with some worry.

Lei Xiangzhi loved his twin sister very much. He rubbed her head and said with a gentle smile, "Don't worry, Fifth Brother will handle it well."

When Lei Xiangli arrived at Leisurely Farmhouse, Qin Mian and Lei Tie were making dumplings at home. Lei Tie made the dumpling wrappers, and Qin Mian wrapped the dumplings; the two cooperated very well.

Seeing Lei Xiangli with a smile on his face, Qin Mian teased, "Fourth Brother, did you pick up money?"

"Made Eldest Sister-in-law laugh at me." Lei Xiangli rubbed his head with embarrassment, "Fifth Brother has already convinced Father and Mother to separate. I came to ask Eldest Brother and Eldest Sister-in-law to be the witnesses."

"Sure." Qin Mian patted off the flour on his hands and stood up, "Fifth Brother is straightforward as expected. Do you know how it's going to be?"

Lei Xiangli shook his head. "I didn't have time to ask, but I believe Fifth Brother will handle it well."