Chapter 083: Going to the Prefecture Center

Lei Tie loftily sat there in silence with his eyes on Qin Mian. As if he had not heard Lei Daqiang's words, he did not give him any response.

There was a loss in Lei Daqiang's eyes as he faintly felt that he had lost this son of his.

"Yes, yes. Old Five, your eldest brother knows kung fu. I'll be more rest assured with him sending you." Du Shi looked at Lei Xiangzhi affectionately.

Lei Xiangzhi was also very delighted, "Eldest brother and eldest sister-in-law, won't it delay your business?"

"Don't worry, everything has been arranged. I've never been to the prefecture center. Your eldest brother said that he would take me around. Sending you off is a matter of convenience." Qin Mian looked at Lei Tie as he said with a smile.

Lei Xiangzhi stood up and said, "Many thanks. To be honest with you, the teacher also specially told us that there are some bandits who caused trouble during the examination period. He told us not to be careless on the way and even arranged for four home guards to escort us. With the eldest brother and eldest sister-in-law there, little brother feels more at ease."

Lei Tie took out a purse and handed it to him, "This is 10 taels of broken silver, keep it on you."

Lei Daqiang and Du Shi looked even more satisfied.

"Many thanks, eldest brother." Lei Xiangzhi did not refuse.

Lei Xiangren scratched his head. If he had been studying hard for a few years back then, Lei Tie would have provided him money too. His eyes inadvertently passed over the sniffling Lei Dabao and got an inspiration: Dabao is six years old this year. It's time for enlightenment.

His eyeballs circled about and the sneaky sight fell on Du Shi and Lei Daqiang before indistinctly sweeping over Wei Shi.

After finishing the matter, Qin Mian and Lei Tie got up and left.

"Mother." Lei Xiangren went to Du Shi's side and was about to open his mouth but closed it. He thought to himself that it was inappropriate to open his mouth now. In case it turned unpleasant which would affect Old Five's performance in the examination room, it would be self-defeating.

"What's it?" Du Shi frowned. This son had become more and more nonsensical. Yesterday, Old Three told her that Old Two had found work in the town, but he was driven out because he was lazy. Therefore, he had not brought any money back home.

"Nothing. I was just calling you." Lei Xiangren grinned cheekily as he approached her and fist massaged her back.

Qin Mian and Lei Tie did not know that the old house would soon usher in another storm.

They chatted as they walked back.

"The old house has changed a lot." Qin Mian kicked a stone in the middle of the road into the grass beside the road.

The pigsty and chicken coop in the courtyard of the old house were gone. They should have been moved to the back of the house. Four red brick and tiled rooms were built in the courtyard, opposite each other, with a patio in the middle for people to enter and leave. Among these was Wei Shi's contribution. It was said that some time ago, she gave the old Lei family an idea of making money and making a small profit. Lei Daqiang used the money to build the four rooms. Lei Xiangyi and his wife occupied a new room and their original room was owned by Wei Shi. Wei Shi finally did not have to squeeze into the same room as Du Shi.

Lei Daqiang was very proud of himself because he was the only one in the village who had two wives. If you wanted to spend the night with Du Shi, he could go to Du's room. If you wanted to spend the night with Wei Shi, he could go to Wei Shi's room. From time to time, the two women vied for him. When he heard the village's men joke that he enjoyed the happy fate of the man from Qi, he was so proud that his nostrils turned skyward.