Chapter 165: Qilin Summer Mountain Villa

After the road was mended, the villagers threw themselves into the busy farming season and the work in the processing yard.

Qin Mian made use of the small brick kiln and had his servants baked some black bricks. He also mended and reorganized the road in front of Leisurely Farmhouse. The black bricks were laid from the gate of Leisurely Farmhouse, along the wall to the west, around the north of the processing yard, to the place bordering the village road. Afterward, when it rained, the family carriage would not roll through the mud.

The black brick road was about ten chi wide. On the outside of the road, a tree and a flower were planted every ten chi or so. May it be winter jasmine, jasmine, chrysanthemum, or plum blossom, all were dug out from the mountain.

After the busy farming season, the villagers suddenly found the changes outside the walls of Leisurely Farmhouse. They thought their own house gates would be more beautiful like this. They also joined hands in twos and threes to make some black bricks to pave the road of their own houses. Some villagers were quite creative. When they paved the ground, some round stones were mixed between the bricks to form a pattern of flowers or animals. It was particularly beautiful.

After the brick roads in front of each house were connected together, the villagers suddenly realized that the whole Green Mountain Village was much more beautiful than before.

This was Qin Mian's purpose – imperceptibly led the villagers to transform Green Mountain Village and finally made Green Mountain Village a land of idyllic beauty.

On a pleasantly cool morning, Qin Mian and Lei Tie came to Li Zheng's home again. Lei Tie even had a scroll in his hand.

Quite a few villagers who accidentally saw them followed curiously. It was not easy for Li Zheng to drive them away.

"Tie-zi's wife, what good idea is there still?" Li Zheng recalled being summoned and praised by the County Magistrate last time, so he was still excited that his face flushed with vigor.

Qin Mian said with a smile, "Uncle Li Zheng, A-Tie and I came this time for two things. First, we want to ask if we can buy the mountains around our village?"

"You want to buy mountains?" Li Zheng thought to himself: it's hard to understand what rich people think. In his opinion, those mountains were of little value since they couldn't grow food.

Qin Mian nodded.

Li Zheng said, "There's nothing that can't be bought. I'll go to the county to get you the title deed."

Qin Mian said, "We want to buy Mount Eagle at the back of the village. How much does it cost, do you think?"

Li Zheng pondered, "Mount Eagle... That mountain is not small. I remember that a few years ago, a landlord of a village in Running Water Town bought a mountain near their village and spent more than 300 taels of silver. Mount Eagle should not exceed 500 taels."

"We'll buy Mount Eagle." Qin Mian said, "Later, A-Tie and I will follow you to the county. I've been bothering you so many times. We must treat you to a meal in any way."

"Haha, alright." Li Zheng was only too glad to accept it.

A villager asked curiously, "Tie-zi's wife, what do you buy that mountain for?"

Qin Mian did not conceal, "We plan to build a summer villa on the mountain." He was not afraid that others would follow suit. On one hand, other people's design of the summer villa could not surpass his; on the other hand, he had a cheat device – his well-built summer villa must be better than others' summer villa.