Chapter Seventy-Eight It Wasn't Me

Lose it- Kane Brown

     "Why?" I groan sadly as the light shined in my face. "God. Please. Why?" I cry out as the light shines in my eyes.

"Mommy wake up." Nadia says jumping up and down on the bed driving me insane. Would it be bad if I shoved her off?

"Yeah mommy. Wake up." Another voice says in an amused voice making my eyes shoot open and look. Felix stood by the end of the bed leaning forward with his hands on the blanket. He had a smirk on his face and I start to groan again but just as I was about to let it out Nadia jumped up and landed on top of me making me wince. "Careful Nadia. She is still a little hurt. Remember?" Nadia crawls off of me and looks down.

     "I'm sorry mommy." She says slowly and although I wanted to turn away and just go back to sleep, I couldn't do that anymore. Once I'm up, sadly I'm up. There's no going back to my wondrous sleep now.

      "It's okay." I say nodding before pushing myself up in a sitting position. I look to Felix watching him carefully. "What are you doing here?"

     "Your people told me about what happened. The bomb, the bar, the drinks." I glance at Nadia to see her not paying attention as she begins jumping on the bed again. I sigh and shake my head at Felix.

     "Not here." He nods and stands up straight, leaning back. "What time is it?"

     "It's noon. We brought lunch." Felix says pointing back through the doorway. I look and see bags of food on the living room table. Food. I'm always down for food. I nod and swing my legs over the edge of the bed before standing up. I walk around Felix and the bed out of my room to the food and take everything out. "A thank you would suffice." He says picking up Nadia and walking out after me. He sets Nadia down on the floor while he sits next to me and helps take out the food. It was Chinese food.

     I loved Chinese food. "What can I say? I'm really hungry."

"I bet you are." He mutters as I grab a mini box of food and open it before immediately digging it with a fork I picked up from the table. "Wow. You really are hungry."

"I told you." I say with a full mouth.

"Nadia. Come over here and eat some food." Felix says but Nadia stops playing and just stares at him. Felix looks to me and shakes his head. "She gets that from you." I roll my eyes and swallow my food.

"Nadia come on. Eat some food and then We'll go to the park. Okay?" I ask and her eyes brighten.

"The park? I wanna go to the park!" She shouts excitedly and I nod to Felix.

"Then eat your food." I say.

"But I not hungry."

"You haven't eaten since breakfast." Felix says. "And that was a while ago so you've got to be hungry."

"Listen to him Nadia. Eat and then we'll go to the park."

"Fine." She grumbles walking over to the table as Felix sets the box of food in front of her as well as a plastic fork. I nod in approval as she starts eating and I begin finishing off my food while Felix opens up a box of egg rolls. I love those things! Before he got the chance to pass them around I snatch one up and begin eating it.

"You're not very patient today." Felix says shaking his head.

"Am I ever patient?" I ask after swallowing and then I shove my mouth with more food as he keeps shaking his head. I say something that couldn't be understood because of all the food in my mouth.