Chapter Fifty-Seven Bad Guys Bad Lies

Ghost- Halsey

     I listen as Felix's breathing becomes shallow and deep. That's when I knew he was finally asleep and it took him long enough. I don't know what time it is, but I know it's early. It's like he knew I was still awake so he stayed up but not he's asleep and it's all I could ask for. All I've been praying for. Finally. Now he was be able to stop me and he won't ask me questions. He won't be disappointed. I slightly shift, feeling his arm wrapped around my shoulders keeping me to him. Okay, this might be harder than I expected.

     I just have to get out of his iron grip with out waking him up. Easy peasy. I roll my eyes as I hear his heart beating through his chest. It was slow and steady. I just hope it stays that way. I slowly crawl out from under his arm and gently lay it on his chest before picking up my clothes and rushing them on. I needed to be quick and ready just in case. Felix shifts but continues sleeping while I sneak over to my bike and kick the stand up to start pushing it away. I couldn't start the engine here. He'd definitely wake up then.

     I don't want him to think I'm leaving him here naked, even though that's technically what I'm doing. Whoops. I push the bike quietly until I reach the road and I get on it starting it up and riding off. I wish I had a silent engine so my bike would be un hearable. So no one would know I was coming. That's a dream bike right there but also a ticket to having a car hit you because they don't pay attention to shit except their phones of radio so why should they look out for motorcycles? Pieces of shit is what they are.

I learned my lesson quickly because the first time I ever texted and drove, I rear ended someone. No one was hurt because when I hit them it was thirty mph so I wasn't going very fast but it was also a light bulb going off in my head. That crash could have been much worse if God intended. Well, or if I intended. Who knows if God is real or not right? There are so many beliefs out there, I don't know what to belief. I used to believe in reincarnation. Coming back as something, someone else when you die.

But now I know that's just a dream. When you die you die. There's nothing else to it except that you're never coming back and you can't change anything. Every last thing you do stays with you and you can always regret things but you can never change them. That's why people always say do what you want before it's too late. Say what you need to say before it's too late because when it's too late, well, obviously it's too late to do anything. To say those last minutes words or to do those last minute things. That's just the way of the world.

     I pull into our place, the place of midnight crazy because although I didn't know what time it was, I assumed it wasn't too late and hoped that they would be here. I was right. Their cars were still here but when I come to a stop and look for them I find them all asleep. Wow. They must be tired. I rev my engine loudly making them all jump and fall over or out of their seats while I smile and watch the show. Well, this was fun but now I'm bored again. I watch as they all look to me shocked and scared.

     "Blake?" Jinx asks, half her long hair was straight and over the side while the other half was braided in small braids. She worse ripped jeans with a small metal belt that hanged down through the loops while her black shirt was a crop top with AC/DC on it.

     "What took you so long?" Finn asks. He wore sweatpants and a baggy shirt for some reason and it was odd because he never wore things like that but I don't pay any attention to it. It wasn't a concern.

     "Yeah, it's two am. What the hell?" Minnie says. Her hair was in two buns on her head again. Her shirt was plain white and her jeans were blue and plain.

     "Oh we've stayed up later before." I say waving my hand and walking toward them as they start to stand.

     "Yeah, maybe when I didn't feel like an old man." Finn complains and I give him a look, looking him up and down.