Chapter Sixty-Nine Easy To Do, Hard to Say

8 letters- Why Don't We

    Felix got me out of the hospital, thank the lord, but now instead of laying in bed in a hospital, I had to lay in bed in my building. I hated this because I had work to do. There was so much that needed to be done and I was getting nothing done by being here in this God forsaken, really comfortable bed. I sat up just staring at the ceiling because what else was I supposed to do? I mutter curses in Italian under my breath just as the door opens and Felix walks in with food.

I give him a glare before looking away from him again. "You're still mad? Fine. Should I take the food back then?"

     "No." I grumble looking away from him and down to my hands.

     "Huh?" He asks being annoying. Something he was great at.

     "No." I say louder and more grumpily. I hear the bag shake and I look to him as he walks closer to me.

     "Good. Because you need to eat and I brought you your favorite."

     "The blood of murderers?" I ask making him hesitate.

     "Um, they were out of that so I got your second favorite thing."

      "The blood of my enemies?"

     "What is with you and blood? Gosh. No. Nothing I got has blood in it so just let me finish." He groans annoyed as he sets the bag down on the bed. The food smelt so good I just wanted to rip it from his hands and dig in but I decided to be patient.

     "Okay. Finish."

     "I brought you Taco Bell. Mini chicken quesadillas and then I got a lot of the fire sauce." He says and I nod.

     "Can I have it now?"

     "What do you say?"

     "Can I have it now?" I repeat in a bored tone. He rolls his eyes. "Hand it over before your blood spills." I growl and he hesitates before quickly handing me the food. "Finally. Thank you. You may leave now. Your job is done."

     "My job?" He asks and I nod as I open up the bag and then dump everything out onto the bed. "My job was to bring you food?" I nod again.

     "You're getting it."

     "Is that all you want me for? A thing to bring you food?"

     "What else are you good for?" I ask practically drooling as I grab a mini chicken quesadilla and hold it in my hands. It looked so good. It smelt so good.

     "I can't believe you just asked that." He says. "Are you hangry? Is that it?"

     "What do you think?" He doesn't respond as I put some of the fire sauce on my quesadilla and then take a bite. It was so warm in my mouth. It tasted so good. I swallow before picking up the fire packet again. "You try staying in here for what seems like forever. It's terrible Felix." I look at him as he nods and looks down.

     "I know. But I want you to heal, Blake. And if you don't stay in here, then I will put you back in that hospital." I freeze as I stare down at the quesadilla. He'll put me back in there? How would he do that? I shiver from a chill that went down my spine. "No. Not like that. Blake." He sighs and shakes his head. "Maybe I should just go." He seemed mad at himself now but I was mad at me too. How could my mind just go there like that? How could I just think that? How did he know? I look up as he heads for the door with his head down.

"No." I say but he doesn't listen. "Felix you don't have to." He still ignores me as he reaches the door. I do the only thing I could do. I grab one of the quesadillas and I launch it at him hitting him in the back of the head making him freeze with his hand on the doorknob. He slowly turns back and let's his eyes meet mine as I sink back.