Chapter Thrity-Four Kind Of Crazy

It turns me on- Kane Brown

(Felix's POV)

     I continue to stitch her up as she stares down at the chip. I wanted to keep staring at her because I don't know if she'll ever want to see me again after all this but I know she hates being stared at. The chip in her fingers made me anxious. I hated looking at it because I hated the things it made me think. I hated the things it made me do. I run a hand through my hand and scratch my head before I go back to stitching her arm. It's what I needed to do. There was nothing I could do to make up for what I did but I could do this. I can.

     "He was right." She shakes her head and keeps staring at the chip. "Leon was right and I didn't believe him." I finish stitching up the big cut and I cut the string and bandage it before moving on and looking for the next one. Most of her cuts were deep but not all do them needed stitched up. I tried not to use my right arm because every time I moved it it shot pain through my chest and down my arm. One of the perk of being shot by Blake. I was tired too but both of us needed to talk. Besides, I'm a leader. I don't have toke for rest.

"I wouldn't have believed him either." I say finding a cut that needed to be stitched and I begin stitching.

"He told me you needed help." She says. "He told me but I told him you were just crazy. I thought you were just crazy. I thought you wanted me dead because you hated me." I hesitate and look at her as my legs began getting sore from squatting for so long but I ignore it.

     "I don't hate you." I say. Just the opposite. I finish stitching the cut and I bandage it not finding another that needed to be stitched. "Other arm."

     "What?"

     "Other arm." She moves her legs to where they hung in front of me and her. She tries to turn all the way to face the head of the bed but realizes she can't so she sits facing me and does her best to focus on the chip as she puts it in her other hand and gives me her arm. I begin stitching a deep cut. "Why did you play this stupid game?" She ignores me and stays focused on the chip so I take it away from her and put it in my pocket while I continue stitching.

"You don't have to know everything."

"I don't have to know why you do stupid things like this, no, but I'd like to."

"Why?"

"So I can be prepared on how stupid the things you come up with can be."

"So you can be prepared? How long are you preparing to keep me here against my will." I chuckle.

"Against your will? I've seen against your will, Blake, and this isn't it."

"So you're saying I can leave whenever I want?" She asks.

"Sure." I say watching her hesitate as I know she begins to plan on how to walk out of here and away from me. Surprisingly she doesn't try and bolt now, she waits.

"But? There's always a but."

"But not yet. We still have things we need to talk about. We still have to talk about the truth." She sighs.

     "I've told you all I needed to say. What else could there possible be?"

     "Everything, Blake. There's everything." Her eyes meet mine as I look to her. "We're not close to being done. We need to keep talking. It's not over yet." I cut the stitch and bandage her cut before putting the needle down. "I'm done stitching you up."

     "Finally." She says and I roll my eyes.

     "What happened to the old Blake. The one who didn't play games like this."