Chapter Twenty-Three The Fiftieth Floor

Fetish- Selena Gomez

"I want it to stop." He whispers again before cocking the gun and putting the gun in his mouth. My eyes widen.

     "Felix no!" I shout as I rush to him and the gun goes off, but before I did I pulled it away making the bullet fly past his head. I yank the gun from his hand and throw it's across the room as he grabs my hand to try and stop me but it was too late. I look down at his hands on mine as he does the same before we both look up and our eyes meet.

"Why?" He asks with so much emotion in his voice, I almost didn't know how to respond. But I felt like I did. I gave his face with both my hands and lean forward trying to not be afraid and make sure I wasn't shaking.

"Because this is not how you die." I whisper as he slowly stands up and I drop my hands stepping back. "I'm here to help you Felix, but I just, I don't understand. This voice in your head. Isn't it just-" Felix suddenly steps forward grabbing my face with his hands and pulling me toward him as his lips press against mine making me freeze. I know I wanted Felix back. My Felix back. But why did this feel so wrong? Why did this feel bad? Like it wasn't what's supposed to happen.

He pulls back staring me in the eyes. "I love you, you know that, right?" I don't though. I don't know that. But he can't know that. He needs help. Something is wrong with him and he needs help. Not the truth. I start to nod when his eyes lose all the emotion and they darken as a grin spreads across his face. It wasn't a happy grin or a good one. It was Sadistic. Evil. It was heartless. Felix. He was gone again. "You believed me, didn't you?" He asks dropping his hands from my face and stepping back before letting out a short humorless laugh.

     "I thought you were smarter than that Blake." He says walking away from me and toward the gun I threw to the floor. "You use to be smarter. I guess all the time with me brought down your walls. You trust me now and you believe me." He bends down and swipes up the gun before standing up again and looking to me. "No matter how many times I do you wrong. You continue to come back to me. Why is that?"

     "Because," I shrug. "Your brother worries easily. Maybe you should take it out on him instead of taking it out on me."

     "Maybe." He shrugs as his smile widens. "But it's so fun watching you scramble around trying to figure out what to do. To either go against me, or continue hoping I'm still here. Well the old me anyway. Well guess what. The old me isn't here anymore. It's just me."

(Leon's POV)

We walk into the room next door leaving it cracked open just in case we needed to leave quickly and we lean against the wall. Staying quiet, and listening carefully. Listening. It's all Benny and I really need to do for now. Hopefully all of this goes according to our plan- we didn't even have a plan. All my plan was to get Blake in here. I never really got father than that.

Maybe I never expected to get farther than that. Did I just send Blake to her death? Great. This just keeps getting better and better. My mind is going crazy knowing that Blake is in there- alone- with Felix the way he is. He might be going insane, paranoid, mentally ill. We don't know. Actually that's not true. One person does know. Or I mean, did know.

That guy is dead now. "What's your plan for when something goes wrong?" Benny whispers and I shoot him a look.

"When?" I whisper back as he shoots me a look back.

"Don't tell me you're expecting this to be all sun shine and rainbows." Benny whispers. "Something will go wrong. You know that right?"

"I know, I'm just hoping that I'm wrong." He sighs and leans his head back against the wall. "What's your plan for if something goes wrong? Or for when something goes wrong I mean."