Chapter Eight Here We Go Again

High Hopes- Panic at The Disco

     "Where are you going?" Alex asks following me. I roll my eyes but keep my head up, I know I'm the boss and I can order him away, but Alex is different. He doesn't give up until he gets answers. I like that about him.

"Out." I say getting in the elevator and facing him, watching him carefully. He studies the elevator and me before stepping inside and standing next to me as I watch the elevator doors close. He puts his ands behind his back and stands straight.

"Then I'm going with you." I raise my eyebrows.

"What gives you that idea?"

"You can't go out unprotected Boss." Alex says looking at me. "Especially with Felix as angry as he is since you have two of his men."

"Two out a hundreds, or thousands. He can get over it." I say looking at the elevator doors and just waiting for them to open.

"If he had two of your people, would you get over it?" He asks making me hesitate.

"No." I state.

"Exactly." I cross my hands over my chest and I face him, shifting my weight to one leg and sticking my other knee out.

"Why are you here?"

"Because I actually like you as my leader and I want to keep you alive, as well as myself." Alex say looking at me. The elevator doors open and I continue staring at him as he looks out.

"You want to keep me alive?" I ask and he looks back at me before he nods. "Start by finding the guards who allowed the intruders to get in." Aiden steps inside the elevator as the doors close again and I face them. We still have a couple floors down to go.

"What about you?" Alex asks.

"What about me?" I sigh.

"You're just going to go out unprotected?"

"Why not?" I ask. "I can take care of myself."

"We don't doubt that." Aiden says listening in. I glance at him. "But alone, Felix could attack at any moment and kill you. None of us want that. I can go out with you."

"Where are you going?" Alex asks.

"To lock up." I say standing straighter and staring at the doors.

"You're going to see the two intruders?" Aiden asks confusion laced in his voice.

"There are more people in lock up than those too." I state before letting my arms drop and shifting my weight. "But yes."

"Why?" Alex asks.

"I have my reasons. But if you must know, I am going to debate on whether to kill them, or let them live." The elevator stops and the doors open as I step out and begin walking.

"Wait, is keeping them alive even an option? They were going to kill you, they were going to kill everyone. Including you little sister." Aiden says. I hesitate when he mentions Nadia and I stop walking to think. Maybe they don't deserve to live.

"Living shouldn't be an option." Alex agrees. "But Killing them shouldn't be an option either. We kill them, Felix retaliates and we all agreed, he has one chance left. If you kill them, we all know he's going to do something drastic." They were both right. I sigh and think, looking toward the exit of the building. Four men with guns stood two on each side, guarding it.

"So, I can't kill them, and I can't let them go. What do I do, just keep them locked up in their cells?" I ask looking at both of them.

"That seems like the only option." Aiden nods as Alex does the same and I let out another sigh looking to the doors again. Another option pops in to my head and I hesitate, looking down, considering it.