Chapter Eleven He's Not My- Whatever

House of The Rising Sun- Five Finger Death

     I stare at the building across the street. I don't know why, I don't know how long I've been here, but I've just been staring at it. Maybe expecting something. Maybe just trying to figure out why it's there. Why did whoever built it choose to put that building there. What's the purpose? Did whoever build it expect it to last for a long time? Did the expect it to be standing there through the storm? Through the rain? Through the thunder? Through the wind and through the hail? How did they build something so tall, so strong?

How did they build something that could keep you warm through the cold, or keep you cold through the heat? How did the build something that protects you from everything out here? All the storms, all the heat, all the people? I shake my head. Buildings could protect us from people yeah, but they can't physically do anything. Like how those men got in my building. They were going to blow us all up. They were going to kill everyone. I had to stop them. Me and my people and to get them before they killed us all.

The building didn't do a damn thing we did. The people did. I tilt my head up looking to the top. But how did they build a building to be so strong? How did they make a building seem like a protected place? A place where you can go and escape? Hide? A building that can't be knocked down. In some cases anyway. Sometimes the storms are too much for the building to handle. Sometimes the storms are stronger, and they knock the building down. They destroy the building. Maybe, in a way, buildings are like people.

Some people are stronger than others. Some people are better than others. Some people were built to be strong, built to protect. Some people are built to be weak. Built to be destroyed by the roughness of life- the storm. Some people can survive the storm- the rough patch in there life (you know how sometimes there's a day where bad thing after bad thing happens and you never think it's going to end? It's something like that)- and other people just can't take it. Some people give up. Some people don't even try to make it through the storm.

Some people use it as encouragement to do what they think needs to be done even if it's wrong. It's not always weak or strong though. Sometimes you lean of someone. Sometimes you need them to make it through the storm. There are bad people. Corrupt people in the world. And there are good people in the world. Sometimes you're not alone in the storm. Sometimes you're with someone, and sometimes when the storm gets too rough for one person, they leave. They leave you alone in the storm to fend for yourself while they make it through.

Maybe I'm thinking of my mom when I think this. She left me to fend for myself when I was five years old. Since then, I was picked up by a gang leader who was going to throw me to his people and let them beat me. I had to fight to be loved, fight to feel safe. I was kidnaped by a man who tortured Ryder- the girl I was with. The man tortured me too, even if he never physically hurt me. Yeah he slapped me a couple times but that was nothing compared to the emotional pain I felt when he did what he did. When he took me up and I saw- I was built to be strong.

I can't afford to be weak or I'll lose everything. I'm not over exaggerating or being dramatic, it's true. I can't afford to be weak. For if I'm weak, something bad happens. Some thing bad always happens. "Hey." A voice says next to me bringing me out of my trance and I shake my head looking to see Aiden leaning against the bench I was on.

"Hey." I say looking away again when I freeze. Wait a second. I turn my head to look at him again before standing up and staring him down. "You're awake."

"Yeah." He nods as I notice his hand over his chest as if making sure it was still there, or maybe making sure it wouldn't leave.

"You're standing." He nods again.