Chapter Twenty-Nine It's Not Over

I feel Good- Thomas Rhett

     "The Russian mafia leader, Felix Russo, is dead." I say loudly and confidently. My people all erupt in to cheers filling up the entire room we were all in. Alex and Aiden stood on either side of me and they both gave me looks but I payed no attention to it.  Why should I? They would have tried to ruin this great day, and I didn't need that. Today was going to be great. No one will be trying to kill me. No one will be judging me. No one will even attempt to do me wrong. I should have done this so much earlier. This feeling is great.

     The feeling of freedom. The feeling of not having to fear anyone anymore. Of not having to worry. Of not caring. I wish I would have felt this feeling so much earlier. I wish I would have felt it when Nadia was still alive. But she's not. She's not here anymore and there's nothing I can do to bring her back. Not anymore. And I can't think like this. Thoughts about Nadia will bring me down and I am not going to be brought down. Not today. Not now. Not anytime soon.

     Today, was going to be a great day. And there was nothing anyone could do about it. Because if I lost everything I cared about, what's the point do even caring anymore? I smile before walking down the step and through the people. I was done talking to them, all they needed was an update and I could have easily just sent Alex or Aiden to tell everyone, but this news was too great. And because the news was too great, I had to tell everyone myself. So I did. And now that it's over with, I can go back to the isolation of my room.

     Wait. I make it out of the crowded room and lean against the wall on the other side. Go back to my room? To do what? Mourn? Why should I mourn? I shouldn't go to my room. I should celebrate. A wicked smirk forms on my face. And I know just how to do it.

(Leon's POV)

I hear a gun shot echo through the air that makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. Every bone on my body tensed up and it was almost as if my heart stopped beating. I had a feeling, and terrible feeling, that I knew what happened. Felix told me to wait by the car. He said he could handle it. He said he needed to talk to her alone. To try and explain things. Well. If I'm wrong then I'm wrong. But if I'm right, I guess he didn't explain everything good enough. I shake my head pushing off the car and running in the direction of the noise.

I knew I shouldn't have let him go to her alone. If I was with him, then my theory would be wrong. If I was with him, then I wouldn't even have this theory to be frightened of. Shaking my head I stop by the side of a building wall and watch Blake and Alex rush to a car and get inside. Alex seemed rushed, worried, but Blake. She just looked- happy, she looked relieved. I tilt my head wondering why she would be relieved as Alex hits the gas and speeds down the road, making his tired screech. This is bad. Really bad. They wouldn't rush away like that. Not unless- unless.

I walk around the corner and into an alleyway seeing Felix laying there. My theory was right. Blake shot Felix. I stood frozen, staring down at him. His lifeless body. How could it come to this? I figured out what was wrong. I fixed him. He was better. He was Felix Russo again. Blake didn't even give him a chance. She didn't give him anything. She just shot him. What she thinks he did, he didn't do. I know that now and she needs to also. Blake needs to know what really happened. If she doesn't know soon, then she'll be gone. But she's already gone.

I shake my head. She's not gone. Not yet. And neither is Felix. He can't be. He's not supposed to be. Snapping out of my thoughts, I rush into the moment and rush to his side dropping down on my knees and shaking his shoulders. "Felix." I say shaking him harder. "Felix!" I touch toe fingers to his neck feeling for a pulse before pulling back and scrambling for my radio. I yank it off my side and turn it on pressing down the button. "Felix is in danger. I repeat Felix is in danger. I need back up now. I need a medic. Felix has been shot and it doesn't look good. I need a medic now. I repeat send a medic. Over."