Chapter Forty-One Until Death

Germane- Bruno Mars

     "Do either of you know what happens when you get electrocuted while wet?" Gregory asks as he twirled the last knife in his hand. The last knife he needed to test out. He'd been testing them out all on Felix and he was bleeding so much. I wanted to break free and comfort him but I couldn't. The last knife Greg shover in him got stuck and he had to yank it out. Now Felix has a chunk of skin missing from his left shoulder. That chunk of skin, the flesh was on the knife. "Either of you?" He asks.

     Neither of us reply. We were too busy trying to keep breathing. "No? Well it's a sight to see. Let's take a break, and I'll be back with a treat." He walks toward me. "Hold this for me, will you?" I was about to ask how, but before I could he jabbed the knife into my thigh making my back arch as he grins. "I'll be back after a while. You guys look pale. I'll bring some refreshments too." Gregory walls out closing the door behind him as if we were able to escape anyway. I look to Felix, his closed eyes and shallow breathing.

     This was really bad and there was nothing I could do. "Felix?" I ask. No response. As if I wasn't worried enough. I take slow deep breaths trying to calm my racing heart as I look up at the ceiling. "Please talk to me." I whisper. I didn't know if he could hear me or not but I just want to hear his voice. I just needed to hear his voice.

     "I'm okay." He lies as I look at him and sigh in relief. "You don't need to worry about me." It's a little late for that.

     "Surprisingly I just can't help myself." I say honestly. "And you're not okay. Neither of us are okay." He opens his eyes and looks at me before his eyes go to the knife in my leg. He narrows his eyes.

"There's a knife in your leg."

"Yeah, and there's a chunk of your arm that Is missing." I say as he looks at his left arm and sees.

"Oh. That must've hurt."

"You don't remember?" He shakes his head.

"I must be blocking it out."

"I wish I could do that." I mutter looking up to the ceiling again.

     "I don't think you do." He says. "I don't remember what he did, so I don't remember what he did to you either."

     "He hasn't done anything to me." I lie looking at him and he gives me a look.

     "There's a knife in your thigh. Don't lie to me Blake. It doesn't make anything better, it just makes me wonder more."

"I don't want to talk about any of this." I sigh shaking my head. "I get to experience it already I don't want to relive it again and again. I don't want to talk about it."

"Okay." He nods and I nod back. "Let's not talk about it. This is a little like Jay's isn't it."

"Felix!"

"Alright. Alright. I was just bringing it up because my chip is gone." He says and I look at the ceiling. "It was in my pocket one second and the next think I know it was gone. I don't know where it is and I can't help but think it's back in my head again. That it somehow got back in my head."

"It's not back in your head." I sigh.

"How do you know that? You've been trying to keep me away from you. It could be back in my head. Someone could have put it back. It could be there."

"It's not back in your head. I know because I'm the one that took it."

"You took it? Why?"