Chapter Seventy-Three This Was A Mistake

I hate you I love you- Gnash

     "I'll see you later okay?" Felix asks and I nod waving him away with our evening giving him a glance. I was busy procrastinating. "Okay. Good talk."

     "I heard you. Go away already." I say and he sighs but does as I say. Now that that's over with. I wait a couple of minutes to ensure that he was gone before I get into my wheelchair and roll myself out of the room but I run into Brice. Aiden's brother. Brice and I stare each other down for a couple seconds before he looks away.

    "Boss." He nods.

     "Brice. What are you doing here?"

     "I was coming to guard your door." He states.

     "Guard my door? Why's that?"

     "Aiden told me that you keep on trying to sneak out so we all agreed someone should be here just in case."

     "I don't sneak out. I go through the front door. Just none of you are ever watching when I do."

"Right." He mutters in a unbelieving tone. I roll my eyes.

"Well I'm going out now so if you don't mind."

"We all agree that we think you should stay inside for a couple of days Boss." He says. "So you can heal properly and we also have word that there a more bounty hunters here. They're planning again Boss and we just don't think it's a good idea to go out."

"What? Do you want me to sit in fear? No can do Brice. I am getting out of this building for some fresh air and you and not going to stop me."

"What? I never said anything about stopping you. I was just telling you what we all thought. You wanna leave, I can't stop you. All I can do is ask you to use the back door and not the front." Brice says and a smile spreads across my face.

"I knew I liked you for a reason." I say and he smirks.

"As long as you like me more than Aiden I'm good."

"Hmm. I didn't say that. But it's close. Very close. Almost equal." I say and he scoffs with the smirk still on his face before he gets behind me and rolls me to the elevator. Instead of pressing the button for the lobby, he presses the underground garage button making me smile as the doors close. I was so ready to breathe some fresh air again. I was so ready to have some fun. Minnie, Jinx, and Finn were going to meet me at our spot today so I know we were going to have fun. Today was going to be great as long as we didn't get caught. That would ruin everything.

I just can't believe Felix expected me to stay in that room all day. He's so naive. The elevator doors open and Brice rolls me out before stopping and and getting in front of me. "I'll go make sure it's clear. Okay?" I nod too excited to talk and he chuckles at me before waking away and disappearing around the corner. I had a feeling that nothing was going to go wrong today and that's what truly made me happy. I needed another day to be free like yesterday. Yesterday relaxed me and it made me have fun. I need that again.

I need that feeling again. "Hurry up Brice." I say hoping he'd come back soon. I wanted to get out of here already but I know I had to be patient. Good things take time and this was going to be a good thing. Something throws me from my chair making me fall to the ground creating a loud thud as I groan. I turn onto my back and look seeing a man with a gun pointed at me.

"You." He says walking around the wheelchair and shaking his gun at me. "You killed my brothers. You killed my father. You killed everyone on that bridge." Bounty hunter. I shake my head.