Chapter Twelve Flashing Red Light

Broken- Lovelytheband

"She's asleep." Braxton says coming out of her room as I freeze with the fork in my mouth. Uh oh. Slowly, I turn my head to look at him as he stops at the end of the hallway and stares at me. "Are you eating my chocolate cake?" He asks with narrow eyes. I look down at my plate and then back at him.

     "No." I say in a muffled voice.

"That looks a lot like chocolate on your lip." He states crossing his arms.

"You can't leave cake in my fridge and expect me not to eat it!" I exclaim removing the fork form my mouth. He shakes his head and walks over to the couch picking up his jacket and sliding it on.

"Shh. I just told you your daughter was asleep. Don't wake her up again." I roll my eyes.

"What'd you tell her?"

"I told her what anyone would tell her." He says heading for the door. "I told her the truth." With narrow eyes I tilt my head.

"The truth-"

"That Felix is her father." He quickly leaves slamming the door shut leaving me frozen on the couch. I am so going to kill Braxton, but in the morning. It is way to early to plan a murder. No, it's never to early to plan a murder, it's just my ideas would be all over the place and I'm so tired I might actually kill him and then regret it later and I don't feel like regretting anything so I have to plan on a clear mind.

     I shake my head watching Nadia run around the room. I don't even know why she's in here. She should be in my apartment but I didn't want to call Braxton in fear I was going to actually kill him and Jinx and Minnie are both busy probably doing nothing but I wasn't going to force them to watch Nadia so here we are. I didn't want to force a three year old on any of the members either. Nadia May be cute but my lord is she a monster. Well when she wants to be anyway. "Hey, Nadia." She stops and looks at me.

     "Where do you hide in an emergency?" I ask and she looks around before spotting a closet and running to it sliding it open and then closing it. She goes silent and I nod. She's very smart. She obviously got that from me. "Good job, Nadia. You can come out now." I look away as I hear the doors slide back open and the other door opens. Aiden and Bryce come in walking side by side.

     "They found his body." Aiden says. "Harley's I mean." I glance toward where Nadia should be before leaning forward on my desk.

     "Aren't you supposed to be resting? Or at least healing?"

     "Healing is for wimps. I'm protecting you." He says and I give an annoyed look to Bryce who just shrugs.

     "Doesn't your brother know I can protect myself?" I ask and Bryce again shrugs.

     "Maybe he hurt his head when he was shot." Bryce says and Aiden punches him before looking to me again.

     "Felix's men are on the move." Aiden says. "We don't know where or-" I glance toward where Nadia should be again and I raise my hand, giving a slight shake of my head.

     "Bryce. Take Nadia to the park." Bryce looks around the room, at Aiden, and then back to me.

     "But-"

     "Bryce please not now. Just go." I sigh closing my eyes and pinching the bridge of my nose.

     "Okay. I'll take her to the park." He says and I nod as I hear him walking away and then leave. The door closing behind him.