Chapter Sixty-Three Something is Wrong

Praying- Kesha

I open my eyes and see that I was on the shore now. I was just washed up on shore like nothing. I was nothing. I let out a soft groan as I look around and see so many trees around me. And I saw that the creek continued on, a current so strong stay if I was in that I'd be dead for sure. I tilt my head up to see the sky. It was getting darker. I must've been in the creek for hours, and that explains why I'm freezing now. I try to move my arms, but nothing moves.

I could feel them, but every movement sent pain shooting throughout my entire body so I continue to lay still. I hear leaves crunching in the distance and that puts me on high alert making my breathing pick up. More bounty hunters. They must be here looking for me. It's either them or animals and in the state I was in, I didn't want to take any changes with either of them. I couldn't move, and I could barely breath. I was freezing and I was dying. I don't even know how I'm still alive. It could be the coldness form the water.

Damn creek. I fight the urge to shake my head as I hear the crunching of leaves getting louder. I had to do something I knew it but there was nothing I could do. If couldn't move how could I escape them? My eyes go back to the rough current of the creek hearing its sound and watching it. It's either take my chances here where I can't move and I don't know who is getting closer, or I somehow get back in to the cold creek and take my chances with the rough current. Both choices were risky. Both were bad.

I choose to take my chances in the creek though. I've survived thus far. Who knows how much longer I can take. I twitch my arm feeling a shooting pain with the movement making me wince. I have to roll myself into the creek again. Here goes nothing. I force myself to roll over toward the creek as pain erupted everywhere making me let out a short scream. The crunches stop and my heart starts pumping. I needed to move faster. Who knows what was coming for me but knowing my luck it was someone who wanted me dead.

I roll myself over again letting out another short scream of pain making me stop and squeeze my eyes closed. It made me want to give up. It made me want to quit but I couldn't give up nor quit. Why? Well, I don't know. I feel like I should have a reason but honestly I can't think of one. Nadia? She'd be better off with Felix anyway. Felix? He is so much better off with out me. Our relationship is toxic. We're so wrong for each other but at the same time we were so right.

I look up at the dark sky ahead of me wondering if what ever, whoever was behind it, on the other side was watching me. Could they feel my pain? Could they see what pain I was in? Could they heal me so I can get yo and make a run for it? Can they heal me so I can keep on living? Who am I kidding? I slow my breathing. I don't even deserve to live. Not after all the lives I've taken. The families I've ruined. Why should I keep my life when I've ended so many others? It's just not right. Not right at all.

A man comes into view but not one I've seen before. He squats down and puts his fingers on my neck before sighing and taking them away. His brown eyes looked into mine as if he was conflicted on what to do. "It's not long now." He whispers and I couldn't help my motive the very noticeable French accent. I hear more leaves crunching in the distance as if more people were heading this way. The man looks around shaking his head as I try to talk and he sees, but covers my mouth. "Shh. Shh. Shh." He shakes his head.

"You don't want to go on and do that." I close my mouth and he removes his hand nodding. "Good." He looks around again as the crunching gets louder. "You need to get out of here but I can't carry you away. Someone would see." He thinks and I make the mistake of looking to the creek as sees me and then he does the same. "Smart girl. Now listen. I've heard of how strong you are. You have people to get back to. People to lead. You can't give up on them now.