Chapter Forty-Four My Punishment

Please Don't Go- Joel Adams

I hung from my wrists that were above my head. I don't know what Gregory was doing with this but I was alert and I was weary. Why would he bring me outside? That was my question. Is he stupid? I could find away out of this and leave. Or maybe not. Maybe he's smarter than I am. Maybe he knows I wouldn't leave with out him. I wouldn't leave with out Felix and I couldn't. Felix and I were in this together and if I was leaving, so was he. I wasn't going to leave someone behind. Not again. Not ever again.

     I shake my head and look down at how far my feet where from touching the ground. About a foot or more away. I mutter curses that were muffled by the gag in my mouth. This was stupid. I felt weird. Vulnerable? Weak? One of those. I hear the fire crackle as I mutter at it to shut up as I look forward the the area around me. That's when I heard the beeping and I look down again. It was coming from somewhere on me. I didn't have anything on me, that's why I was confused.

     Gregory walks out as the beeping continues and he immediately rushes to me and starts patting me down. "What the hell?" He asks. What ever he finds will be a mystery to me because I honestly don't know what's on my person. Greg sticks his hand in my pocket and pulls out a small chip studying for a couple of seconds as it keeps beeping and he holds it up to my face. "What is this? Is this a tracker?" He shakes his head and throws the chip in the fire and I watch as it melts.

     Felix's chip. It was going to be gone once and for all. No seeing it ever again. Now Felix can't worry about it being in his head. "Did you know that was on you?" He asks and I look down at him.

     Did I know I had that in my pocket? Maybe once upon a time but it must have slipped my mind. Sorry I didn't tell you I had a chip in my pocket. You're such a trustworthy guy I would have told you if I remembered. Sorry it slipped my fucking mind.

     I roll my eyes and look past him at the surrounding area again. There were trees everywhere and grass for miles. I had no idea where the hell we were. "Hey, I'm talking to you. Look at me." I look down at him but only because he tightly gripped my thigh. "Was that a tracker? Do our people now know where you are?" I scoff.

     Like I'd tell you you stupid asshole. I don't think you understand the part you're playing.

     "Right." He says shaking his head. "You can't talk." He grabs a long knife and slides it against my face under the gag and he yanks, cutting it. I watch as it falls to the ground and then I look back to Greg. "Well? Are you going to answer me? What was it?"

     "A chip." I say.

     "No shit." He growls. "Is it a tracker? Do our people know where you are?"

     "They are my people." I say. "And I don't know. The chip came from Felix's head."

     "They won't be your people for long." He says looking to the fire. "Have you heard about them? Oh, no. You've been here. You couldn't of heard of what happened." I narrow my eyes at him.

     "What happened?" I ask. "What are you talking about?"

     "Your people are attacking their own." He says. "It's a mad house there now. Dallas was shot by David and he took your friend Rex and looked her in a cell."

     "You're lying." I say shaking my head but he smirks.

     "I guess you will never know." He says. "You'll never know anything about them ever again." He puts his hand on the inside of my thigh very high up and that's when I realized how free my legs were. That was not a smart move at all. I look down at my legs as his hand slowly starts to movie further up. It didn't get far because before it could, I kicked him in the face as hard as I could.