Chapter Three This is my Rule

Drew Barrymore- Bryce Vine

"So, how long am I going to be held hostage?" Leon asks and I lay down a five on the stack of cards and go through mine, before looking over the edge of the cards at all of them.

"I didn't think hostages were allowed to talk." Jinx grumbles making me smile as she lays down an ace.

"Yes!" Finn shouts and picks up the card about to put three aces down.

"Woah, woah, woah." Minnie says as we all look to her. "It's my turn mister. Put that card back right now." Finn freezes staring at Minnie as she stares back. Finn looked broken, he looked upset.

"Please let me have this. You all have like three down and I have nothing." Finn begs but Minnie points to the stack.

"Be nice and maybe I'll return the favor." She says. Jinx's eyes meet mine and we both smile before trying to hide it with our hair. Minnie? Being nice? That was as funny as Trump being president.

     "Please." He begs before he slowly places the card in the stack but doesn't let it go. Minnie sits up straight.

     "Let it go." Finn gives her a look before letting the card slip from his finger tips. He slowly brings his hand back and then shakes his head. He can't let it go. His hand comes after the card but Minnie quickly swipes it from his grasp and then lays down an ace, king, queen, jack, ten, and a nine. She then looked up at Finn. Jinx and I groan leaning back in our chairs as Finn stares down at his empty side of the table. He was so close. Yet so far away. I feel his pain.

     "You brought this upon all of us." Minnie says. A chuckle comes from someone not in our group and we all look to Leon.

     "If you don't want to me to talk or laugh, maybe you should gag me again." He says shrugging. I look to Jinx as she looks to me.

     "Should he go into time out?" I ask and she raises an eyebrow.

     "I don't know. He was there for a pretty long time. Should he really go back? Already?" I bite my bottom lip and we both look to Leon again as he looks between us carefully.

     "Please tell me you're not thinking of locking me in your trunk again." He complains. Jinx let's an evil smirk form on her face and I glance back at Minnie.

     "What do you think?" I ask her.

     "Well," She starts. "- he does keep interrupting our game."

     "I'll shut up I swear. Please just don't lock me in there again. It smells like moldy pizza and sweat." He complains. Jinx and I look at each other again before we laugh. "What? What now?"

     "I though you threw that pizza away." I say with a big smile on my face.

     "I forgot it even existed." She shrugs. "God, that was the worst pizza I've ever tried." I nod on agreement along with Finn and Minnie but then I hesitate.

     "How long has it been in there?" I ask and she shrugs again.

     "Maybe about five months." A smirk forms as I look to Finn. As if reading my mind he smiles and shakes his head.

     "Okay. I'll do it only if you do it."

     "Ew." Minnie says scrunching up her nose. "You two are so gross. That is so disgusting." She smiles and leans forward. "Do it." Finn and I look to Jinx for approval and maybe looking to see if she'd tell us not to.

     "It's your lives. If you guys want to die, go ahead and be my guest." Finn nods and looks to me.

     "We finally get to fulfill our life long dream of dying together!" He exclaims and I shake my head.