Chapter Ten With A Murderer

Both- Gucci Mane

I laugh as I continue jumping in the puddles. I was innocent and I felt happy. It was raining and I loved the rain. Everything was going good today and I felt like no one was going to ruin it. I just had to think that. That is, until I saw Felix coming my way with two of his friends behind him. It's either run or fight now because he was heading straight for me. I stop jumping and wipe the smile off my face as I place my hands on my hips watching them grow closer. They want a fight? Well, they're not going to get one.

     Instead of standing my ground, I begin running as fast as I can away from them. I knew they were faster than me because they were bigger and older but I was running as fast as my legs could go. I didn't want to fight today and I definitely didn't want to be tormented. They do this all the time. Make me feel like crap. Make me feel like I can't do anything. I turn left into an alleyway seeing a brick wall about twenty feet high. Oh, God. I stop running and look back seeing them run into the alleyway too.

     They all slow down with Felix in front of them with sadistic smirks on all their evil faces as if they'd won. No. They weren't going to win. Not this time. I begin running again and I run up a couple feet on the side of the wall before jumping and grabbing the edge. My fingers start slipping but I get a better grip and pull myself up, grunting as I kick my feet and full with my arms until I sit on the wall and let out a deep breath. I look down at all of them to see their smirks fade.

     The two boys behind Felix become shocked but Felix just becomes angry. Anger. Anger is like the only emotion he feels. He's always angry, never happy. What happened to him that made him so mad? That made him so cruel? Get out of here while you still have the chance! A voice shouts in my head. Right. Just because I could do it doesn't mean they can't. I stand up of the narrow edge and look down to the other side. Jumping up here was one thing. Jumping down is something completely different.

Why risk letting them get to me again? My head snaps up to the tall building in front of me. Why go down, when I can go up? I see the fire escape a couple feet away from me connected to the building. I'd have to jump again, but I'd have no problem with that. Not slipping and falling to my death would be the problem. "Get down here!" Felix growls and I glance down at him before quickly looking away. I heard that if you stare into his eyes, you'll see all the terrible this guy has done. He's done many bad things.

None of it I want to witness. "Yeah get down here you stupid little girl." One the men behind him says. I shake my head as my hair begins sticking to my face from the rain. The boys all taunt me but I block them all out and focus. If I was going to do this, I had to focus- my phone in my pocket starts ringing and I hesitate before pulling it out as Felix raises his hand and they all go silent. It was Braxton calling. If I didn't answer. I'd be too dead to even apologize. I sigh before sitting on the edge and swinging my feet.

"Where are you?" He asks and I look around for a clue before realizing if I told him, he'd be on his way here immediately. I don't want him fighting my battles for me.

"I'm on my way to hang out with Jinx." I lie. "How long can I stay?"

"Ten o'clock. Be back here." He says and I pull my phone away looking at the time. It was six forty-two. Long enough. I put the phone back to my ear.

"Okay. I'll be back by then." I stand up again, facing Felix as they all watch me wearily. I don't blame them. They were probably expecting me to rat them out. I'm not like that.

"Good. While you're at it. Tell Felix I said hi." He says making me freeze and look around. That's when I spot the black car across the road. I shake my head.

The Game Changer (Blake) 3 ✔️On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara