Chapter Forty-Five Made A Mistake

You Say- Lauren Daigle

"Felix?" I ask looking at him. He looked like he was in pain and I knew there was nothing I could do but talk and cut but cutting this strap is harder than it seems. The straps are as thick as brick. Or maybe they're as hard as brick. Who knows but I needed a distracted as much as it looked like Felix needed one. I needed to talk even if it was the only thing I could do. If it it seemed annoying or stupid we both needed to talk to each other. We needed to to survive.

     "Hmm?" He asks. His face showed pain and he didn't open his mouth probably because he would have hiss or something.

     "Felix, you remember that day we first met?" I ask. "I mean the first day we came face to face with each other. Before you even knew who I was. You remember?"

"I remember." Felix says. "It was the first time I ever saw you and I never wanted a day where I didn't see you after that. And then I found out who you were and I had to act like I hated you. I even tried hating you but as you can see that didn't really work out for me." I chuckle knowing that well.

"I remember how I felt too." I say. "I remember every thought I had when I first saw you."

"I wonder if you felt the way I did. We were both young what, seven- well I was. You were five? I bullied you since that day up until I was like twelve and I saw you get shot off that wall." He chuckles. "I believed I hated you until I saw that. When I heard the shot and saw you fall. I thought you were gone. I never felt my heart beat any faster before that day. I never felt that feeling that washed over me before that day. But then I hopped over the wall and saw you wearing the vest. That say I think you saved me more than I saved you."

"How's that?"

"Because that day I realized the truth. The truth about me and how I felt. We were young, but that day I fell in love with you and none of  this would have happened the way it did if I hadn't saw you that day when we were young. That's when this all really started."

"The day when we were young." I repeat and nod.

"I remember that day like it was yesterday. I was with my mother and we were going to meet my father."

* * *
Felix's POV when they were seven

     I walked behind my mother as we passed people on the sidewalk. None of them look to us because they knew who we were. When we walked, they all immediately got out of the way and it always gave this feeling. A feeling of power. A feeling that you were someone. A feeling of fear but you were feeling the fear for something. You were feeling the fear of other people. Like if they didn't get out of the way fast enough would they be killed or kidnapped and tortured? My father decided such things and soon I would.

"Come on Felix hurry up. We're going to be late if we don't hurry." My mother says and I walk faster to keep up with her. It was always business with my parents. The always talked about important stuff that my mother didn't want me listening too yet but when she wasn't there my father would talk strategies with me and murder plans so I already knew everything that went on.

     "It wouldn't be the first time we were late and it won't be the last." I mutter under my breath knowing she wouldn't hear me. I look to my right at all the cars passing by us driving to their destinations. I wondered if any of them were going somewhere important. If so, I would jump in their car and go with them instead of this. I mutter something else under my breath as my mother's phone rings and I start to look forward again when something catches my eye making me stop.