Chapter Five Return The Favor

Pray For Me- The Weekend & Kendrick Lamar

     I walk in front while Nadia walks next to me and the three boys are behind us keeping an eye on everything. I had my chin up and my back straight and shake my head letting hair fall around my shoulders before looking down at Nadia just as she begins running. "Oh you little-" I was about to chase after her, but I choose against it, seeing people watching. I glance back. "Aiden." He nods taking his hand off the hilt of his gun before jogging after Nadia. He catches up to her scooping her up in his arms and then brings her back to me.

     "Thank you." I whisper as he nods and sets her on her feet as I take her hand. I look back at the three of them. Aiden in the middle with Brice to his left and Alex to his right. Rocco had something to deal with so Alex took his place. I liked Alex, he was a good man, he was smart. I hated one thing about him and it was his stupid cockiness. Alex gives me a smirk and I shake my head turning away from them before a smile forms on my face as I cover it with my hair. I was suppose to be tough. That means I shouldn't smile.

     I wipe the smirk off my face before looking up and seeing the park ahead. I look down seeing Nadia not there anymore. I look ahead to see her running toward the park. The only thing between us and the park was a busy intersection. "Nadia!" I shout in a command voice and she immediately stops and looks at me. "Get back here now!" I command loudly, anger in my voice and probably in the look I was giving her. She looks at me as if she was afraid, but she slowly heads back toward us. She knew she was in trouble.

     When she gets in front of me, I open my mouth to tell her to never do that again when I hear a woman shouting. I look up to see an older lady with a cane yelling at a dog. It was a German Shepard and it got loose and was running after something. It was running toward the intersection. Something care over me when I saw the lady struggling to walk. "Watch Nadia." I order.

     "Boss-" Alex starts but I take off running. The dog slowed down into a trot and I caught up to it endow it went to a full sprint again. I dive, doing a roll and grabbing the leash the dog was on as I land back on my feet, with on knee down and the other up. That's when I saw what the dog was going after. A little boy about two years old running toward the intersection. What is with little kids and running toward cars? I shake my head before running with the dog catching up to the little boy as he takes a couple steps onto the road.

     I pick him up as a car came straight at me. I didn't have time to move so I pull out my gun as fast as I can and fire it in the air two times before I point it at the car. The car screeches to a holt stopping right as it barely touched my legs. I wrap the dogs leash around my hand and confidently keeping the gun up as I look to the little boy. "Are you okay?" I ask softly and he nods but I saw tears in his eyes. He was probably scared of the gun. I shake my head and put the gun in the back of my pants again as the car honks at me to move.

     I glare at him realizing he's one of Felix's men. They are so ruthless. They almost ran over a two year old boy. That care wouldn't have stopped at the speed he was going and he wouldn't have even seen him cause he's so small. I shake my head and hold up my middle finger at the man. I hope he goes and tells Felix about this and I hope Felix shoots him in the head. I switch the boy into my free arm and tug on the dogs leash walking out of the road as the boy does something. He holds up his middle finger. "Oh no." I say putting his hand down and covering it up.

     "Please don't do that. I didn't mean to show you it. It's a really bad thing to do." I whisper to the boy as we walk toward the older lady. As I got closer I could tell she was blind. This couldn't be her child. I narrow my eyes stopping in front of her. "Ma'am. Is this your boy and dog?" I ask politely.

     "Ryan?" She asks in a weak shaky voice as I watch tears fall down her cheeks. I look to the boy as he reaches for her.

     "Nana." He says almost falling out of my arms but I keep a hold of him.