Chapter Seven Stay Young, Beautiful

Butterfly Fly away- Miley Cyrus

     I walk into my house seeing all the lights off. Good. Nadia should be asleep. At least they aren't like Braxton who lets her stay up late. I take in a deep breath as I close the door behind me locking it and look down at the walkie talkie still in my hand. I don't really know what to do with it so I just kept it in my hands. Now that I and home, I guess I can put it up somewhere until further notice. Until I absolutely need it. I guess I can set it on my dresser now.

     I walk past Jinx sleeping on the couch and into my room setting the walkie talkie on the dresser. Maybe I can use it to listen in on him when I'm lonely. To hear his struggles and just listen to his cold, emotionless, lifeless voice imagining what it use to sound like. Remembering what it use to sound like. I shake my head and walk out of my room and down the hall to Nadia's room. I crack the door open and look in to see Nadia asleep in her bed and Minnie sleeping next to her.

     I couldn't help the soft smile that formed on my face. Nadia was just so precious, she was so sweet, so kind, and so young. I don't keno what I would do if anything ever happened to her. I would die for her. I would do anything for her, all she would need to do is ask. I go to Minnie and I grab her under the arms dragging her out of Nadia's room and down the hall to the couch. I struggle for a couple of seconds trying to gently put her sleeping body on the couch with out waking her.

Succeeding, I grab one of the folded blankets on the edge of the couch and I cover her up from her feet to her shoulder. I tuck her in and move hair out of her face before going to Jinx. Her blanket was around her waist and tangled up in her feet and I was going to move on but I notice her shiver. Sighing, I grab the blanket and gently tug it up to where it covers her shoulders also and I move hair away from her face too before standing up. Should I go and check on Nadia too?

I just did, but it wouldn't hurt to check again. I walk back down the hall to Nadia's room and I go over to Nadia checking on her. She looks so peaceful. So happy. She must have been having a good dream because her lips were slightly curled up into a smile. I can't leave her in here. I shake my head and slowly scoop her up into my arms before walking down the hallway and into my room. I gently lay her down on my bed before I sit down next to her and move her hair from her face.

     I cover her up with the blankets and I scoot back sitting with my back against the wall. I wasn't going to sleep anytime soon. For some reason, I kept thinking about Felix. Would he be better if he knew? I look down at Nadia's peaceful sleeping body. If he knew, maybe he would change. I'd have to tell her too. She doesn't know, she just knows his and and what he looks like but she doesn't keno who he truly is. She doesn't know what he truly is. I shake my head and grab the walkie talking.

     Holding it in my hand, I debate on turning it on again or not. I curse at myself before turning it on. It was silent. No one was talking. Maybe no one is listening. Just in case I go to a private Chanel and I press down the button. "I really hope no one is listening." I whisper glancing down at Nadia. "Because I've got something to say and I don't want anyone to know yet but I also can't keep it in anymore." I say and let go of the button. No one responds. Maybe no one is listening.

     Hopefully no one is listening. "Its about Felix Russo and I'm starting to think I never should have kept this walkie talkie." I say in a thick accent before I sigh. "And technically it's not about Felix Russo, it just has something to do with him and I feel like he should know. That he should finally know what I've been hiding from him all this time." I let out another slow breath letting my finger off the button as still, no one responds. I didn't know whether to sigh in relief or regret. I shake my head.

     "Felix, I'm sorry I've kept this from you but I need to tell you. You have-"

     "Blake?" Jinx asks from the doorway making me freeze. "Who are you talking to?" I shake my head.