Chapter Twenty-Eight Urge To Kill

Gone too Soon- Daughtry

     Ugh. I let out another groan before opening the door and seeing Alex standing there. He looks at my face and narrows his eyes.

"Don't look so grim to see me." He says and I give him a look.

"What do you want Alex?"

"Well I've come to take you out of course." He says in a fake British accent and I narrow my eyes. "Please do take a shower. You smell like rotting flesh and you've got blood in your hair." With that. He turns and walks away leaving me standing there confused.

     "Wait a minute." I call making him stop and turn back to face me. He wore a black suit jacket with dark business pants and a grey shirt and black tie. His brown hair was cover back and he had his hand in his front pocket loosely. His hazel eyes stare at me waiting for what I have to say. This man. Does he really expect me to listen to him?

     "Yes?"

     "What is going on?"

      "Well didn't I just tell you?" I narrow my eyes and cross my arms over my chest.

     "You said you were taking me out." I say confused and he nods.

     "Because I am." He says as it was obvious. I blink a couple of times before shaking my head and turning around waking back and sitting on the couch. I didn't close the door because as expected, Alex walks in and stares at me. "Well?"

"Well?" I mimic him obnoxiously before rolling my eyes and looking away. I hear him sigh before he heads toward me and I try to not let myself tense up. I trust Alex. At least, I thought I did. At least, I wanted to. He's my guy like Aiden. They're both here for me. But why is Alex here? I let my eyes flick to him as he kneels in front of me and takes my hand it his which catches me off guard but I keep a blank face.

"Blake." He says.

"Alex." I say in the same tone. He gives me a look and I sigh before looking down. "What do you want Alex?"

"I told you what I wanted." He states and leans forward so he can whisper in my ear. "And guess what?" He whispers. "You're not doing it!" He yells making me flinch from how loud he was and how close he was. I send him a glare as he leans back and crosses his arms. "What?"

"You don't order me around. I'm the boss in this building. I'm the boss outside. I'm. The. Boss." He stands up and shrugs.

"Could have fooled me." He mutters making me narrow my eyes. "If you're the boss then start acting like it."

     "Thanks, but when I need your opinion I'll ask for it." I mumble not looking at him. I hear Alex sigh, but I pay no attention to it.

      "Blake, I know terrible things have happened recently." He begins as I shoot him a look and he sighs. I look away again and lock my fingers together in front of me.

     "Do you really think I want to talk about it?" I ask grumpily.

     "No. I think you want to try and forget. Maybe not forget, but let it escape you're mind for a bit."

     "Figure that out all by yourself?" I mutter sarcastically before feeling fingers grip my chin and my head was forcefully moved to look Alex in the eyes.

     "Now I am trying to help you out here, Blake. I don't need your sarcasm otherwise I'll just leave you here to rot." He says and I give him the most deadly stare I could manage. "What? What is that look all about?"

     "Hey. Your hand. Off-" I didn't have to finish because he quickly moved his hand away and scooted back. I nod in approval. "Good boy." Alex rolls his eyes at my comments.