(51) FOR THEM, TOGETHER

"Time flies so fast," This statement sounds in dual way, either pleasantly or painfully

"Time flies so fast," This statement sounds in dual way, either pleasantly or painfully. Even in pain this statement has it's own way to bring smile on many faces. Being nostalgic is the middle state of being happy or sad with memories.

Arjun and Subhadra was going through the middle phrase, nostalgia, due to closure of arrival of their child. Imagining herself as a mother was so surprising for Subhadra as if that was a totally new phenomenon in the world for her. Of course a girl has that sort of feeling during her first time pregnancy, but in her case that feeling was way too far.

Subhadra never had spent her time with a pregnant lady. Her nephews were born when she was in kanyakul. When Draupadi was pregnant with Shrutakarma at that time too Subhadra couldn't spend much time with Draupadi despite sharing the same residence. Draupadi had spent her last trimester in Panchal, and before that Subhadra didn't find it reasonable to disturb Draupadi's time with Arjun seeking time from her to spend with.

Subhadra was about to complete her last trimester. Her baby shower was arranged on a fine day. She was the  happiest to see her maternal family at that occasion.

Subhadra's sisters in law were adorning her for the function.

"Bhabhi, are these ornaments necessary to wear?" Subhadra was trying to lose the knot of heavy set of necklace on her neck.

"Baby shower is one among the most special occasions of a girl's life. She should look the best," Satyabhama helped Subhadra in her task.

"Is it fine now, Gudiya?" Revati settled the arrangements of gemstones of necklace set which were bit messed up during Satyabhama's attempt of loosening the knot.

"Bhabhi, till when I need to bear these heavy adornments? I can't handle these more," Subhadra made cute sullen face.

"Untill the rituals of baby shower will be done," Jambavati giggled at such expression of Subhadra.

"Actually the fact is you are thinking about these ornaments continuously. That's why you are getting bothered. Relax yourself, Gudiya!" Kalindi caressed Subhadra's hairs softly.

"We need to do something to distract her. Then only her distress will be lessened," Mitravinda suggested making everyone engrossed in finding some ways.

"Seems like we don't need to do anything," Rukmini elbowed Lakshana and Nagnajiti who were standing nearer.

"You are a true brother who comes in time when his sisters need him," Lakshana smiled at Arjun mischievously making him confused immediately he entered into chamber.

"I didn't get anything," He managed to smile at the group of ladies in front of him.

"We were thinking some ways to distract your dear wife so that she could be relaxed forgetting the weight of ornaments over her," Nagnajiti caught the exact playful expression from Lakshana.

"As you are here now this task is yours," Pushing him forward Bhadra giggled followed by her sisters.

"We will be waiting for both of you. We hope none need to come to call you both, right?" Satyabhama painted the hues of blush over the couple's cheeks.

All of them departed sparing privacy to Arjun and Subhadra. He was admiring her silently forgetting the task he was assigned.

"Any compliment!" She smiled at him.

"You are looking too lovely," He told simply.

"Only this much! I expected to get bunch of compliments from you today," She turned her face slightly to complain.

"Let me see you, Subhi. When rituals will be started I can't get the chance," He cupped her cheeks softly making her side  the complain.

"Why can't you, Arya?" Her eyebrows danced slightly.

"Because this function is meant for females. Males have to sit at far just to witness the rituals from distance," While talking to her he even loved to give the known answers to her.

"You are also going to sit with me. No need to sit far to be a silent audience," Surprising him she declared firmly.

"How can I, Subhi? In this ritual would be mother get loads of wishes, mostly about bringing her child safely to this world. A would mother only deserves this ritual as she goes through intense pain to bring a new life to this world," His voice was lost while uttering the last sentence.

"What if it's me who is going to give birth our child you will also undergo the same pain hearing me in pain, I know," Both pair of eyes were moistened.

He hugged her protectively conveying assurance and affection. She snuggled to his chest reciprocating those. After a short they stood up to leave breaking the hug unwillingly.

After reaching at the venue both received admiring glances for them. Arjun sat beside Subhadra making everyone surprised. Subhadra explained her point of view wiping all the curiosities.

Parents bear the difficult time together when a child was about to born. They welcome that bliss too together. So, they both have equal rights over baby shower function. The pair of Arjun and Subhadra sitting together was justifying the fact. Their bright smiles were adding more beauty to the fact which was brought to light by them, and soon which was going to be loved by everyone.

Rituals started enthusiastically. While wishing Subhadra her sisters in law were emotional imagining their pampered girl as a mother. Steps of dance made hearts ecstatic after that.

When the agenda of function accomplished everyone narrated Subhadra's life story on their parts. Kanha and dau initiated with her birth. Her sisters in law, her brothers in law and Draupadi completed the narration describing what Subhadra meant for them, how was their bonding and how blissful that was.

"Bhrata Arjun, only you are left. You too have to narrate your part about bhabhi," Nakul made each gaze shift over Arjun.

"He's surely gonna do that, that too in a more impressive way than us," Kanha's mischievous comment made everyone laugh leaving no space in air for any other melody.

Subhadra's baby shower was one among the most beautiful celebrations when the whole Indraprastha was in its best vibes.

So readers, here's the next part

Now questions.

(1) Any fact you liked here?

(2) Any gesture to be commented?

(3) Any guess or expectation for next?

LAXMIPATI SHRI NARAYAN, please accept the positivity of my this work as an offering to you in name of all wellbeing of my LIFELINE.

RADHE RADHE 🙏