(37) A NIGHT, CLOSE TO STARS

The more tough the challenge the more cherishing the celebration becomes after overcoming that challenge

The more tough the challenge the more cherishing the celebration becomes after overcoming that challenge. The severity of silence which was sovereign during challenges surrender itself to the solace once normalcy gets settled into situation. This whole part is going to live the worth of these words bit by bit.

After one day stay in Hastinapur royals of Indraprastha returned to their own place. Yudhishthir, Draupadi and Kunti praised Subhadra with lots of compliments after her arrival. The spark of happiness was shining soaking the stress of schedule.

The next day of returning Indraprastha Arjun had planned a night stay in forest. He had chosen a nice place, and had arranged the necessaries too. In night after everyone slept he asked Subhadra to come with him.

"Where are we going at this hour of night?" She was surprised over his urging.

"What made you ask this question? Fear or disbelief?" He too asked a question in return.

"None of those. It's my curiosity," She spoke in a low tone while going towards his horse with him.

"Then wait a bit. You will get to know," Making her climb on his horse he too climbed, and started riding.

"So, it's a long ride you planned for us!" She expressed her guess after a long time of horse riding.

"Not exactly this. It's a part of my motive," She decided not to ask anything more after being sure that he wasn't going to reveal.

He halted almost at the end of forest. He looked at the small tent he arranged for themselves, and smiled to himself.

"See, there's your answer," He pointed towards the tent guiding her gaze.

"So, it's a night outing along with long ride and night stay in forest!" She exclaimed happily after figuring out.

"Absolutely right, Subhi!," Climbing down from horse he helped her to get down.

Holding each others hand they went towards the tent. Area around their tent and inside of tent was fully dark. One fire torch was glued at one side of tent.

"Why such darkness, Arya?" She started to step ahead slowly sensing what she could meet ahead.

"Why asked this? Fear or disbelief?" Making the side hug tighter he too responded with a question.

"It's my confusion," Hitting his arm softly she reciprocated his teasing.

"On our first night I saw glowing happiness on your face while lightening diyas. I didn't forget that gracious sight. So, thought to relive those moments again with you," His answer got him an affectionate hug from her.

Both went into the tent, and started their task. After lightening inside they did the same outside of their tent. Both arranged diyas in front of tent like a rangoli. Both sat opposite to each other.

The beauty of yellowish flames over their faces was feeling like slight turmeric paste. Both were staring at each other thanking their stars to allow them to be in such solitude to serve each other through loving stares.

Both went to the flashback of their haldi ceremony before marriage.

Flashback:

As per ritual the turmeric paste applied over groom was sent to bride to repeat the same ritual with her. Revati, Satyabhama, Mitravindha, Kanha and Subhadra's newphews were present to do the ritual with Arjun.

After the ritual done Kanha was busy in collecting the turmeric paste applied on Arjun's face in a separate bowl. Arjun was surprised as well the royal ladies too.

"Arya, what are you doing?" Mitravindha asked to get an answer from her engrossed husband.

"Must be playing. Let's leave," Satyabhama pulled Revati and Mitravindha from her both sides to leave.

"Kanha, we are getting late," Assuming his move has some importance related to further part of ritual Revati warned Kanha about their leaving.

"It's done. I was collecting this turmeric paste applied on Parth's face so that his happy and blushing expression can be mirrored by Gudiya perfectly. Like this you all can get a chance to tease her during ritual," Kanha handed over the bowl to Revati.

"Why to mirror his expression by her only for one day?" Revati halted looking at her sisters in law.

"We will apply this turmeric paste on Subhadra's face with a wish of.......,"

"His expression getting mirrored by her for lifetime," Satyabhama and Mitravindha completed the statement respectively.

This incident was narrated to Subhadra by her sisters in law during ritual making them get a beautiful smile from them.

Flashback ended

"Let's go to sleep, Subhi. We have to reach palace before anyone figures out our night stay," Arjun stood in front of Subhadra, stretching his hand to her.

"What's the reason to maintain this secrecy?" She raised her eyebrow.

"Your dearest brother in law Nakul and his partner Sahdev," Both chuckled simultaneously at his answer.

"No matter how much brave we are our siblings are always superior to our bravery," Her comment bursted the chain of laugher again in between them.

Holding his hand she went to into the tent leaving behind the stars to be lost in admiration of the decoration they made and in the delightful moments they both had due to that decoration.

So readers, here's the next part

Now questions.

(1) Any fact you liked here?

(2) Any gesture to be commented?

(3) Any guess or expectation for next?

LAXMIPATI SHRI NARAYAN, please accept the positivity of my this work as an offering to you in name of all wellbeing of my LIFELINE.

RADHE RADHE 🙏