(35) CHANCE WITH CONDITION

It's not necessary to act against each challenge with quick steps

It's not necessary to act against each challenge with quick steps. The one who takes first step doesn't win always. Sometimes the pretend of falling down gets felicitated more than the first step. The further situation in story will define my words better. Let's step into.

That was the fourth day of Duryodhan's stay in Indraprastha, the day he had to return Hastinapur. Expert team had accomplished their tasks as per instructions.

"What's your view about overall development of Indraprastha?" Yudhishthir asked the head of expert team.

"Development of your kingdom is quite appreciable, Maharaj!" The head of expert team answered earning a glare from Duryodhan.

"Say what the development lack of," Duryodhan ordered in an angered tone.

"Definitely nothing, Duryodhan. Our kingdom is financially stable. It's acquiring more stability gradually. Market system is much favourable to the basic needs of subjects. Subjects are reasonable and educated. Most importantly they are happy here," Bheem's interference was so obviously when Duryodhan is at front.

"These features couldn't hide the lack discovered by our expert team," Duryodhan countered with a proud smirk.

"What's the lack, Bhrata Duryodhan? Could you express?" Responding Duryodhan's gesture Arjun asked, not much sarcastically yet the shade was there in his expression.

"Lack of proper area covered by forest," With his words Duryodhan silenced everyone.

"But we don't have any such environmental issue," Sahdev put forward the fact.

"Indraprastha's climate is hotter than usual throughout the year. No doubt due to grace of Lord Indra this kingdom receives enough rain timely yet the issue of climate is as it is. No such biodiversity is here to balance the equation of environment with mankind," For the first time Duryodhan was sounding sensible.

"Moreover the kingdom which has aspiration to lead the whole aryavrat can't go ahead ignoring this need of nature," Shakuni jumped into the conversation emphasising the lack mentioned by Duryodhan.

Indraprastha was comparatively small in terms territory. That was one and only hindrance on the way of expanding the length of forest there. The existed forest area in Indraprastha was fine in proportion to it's territory, but wasn't sufficient to meet the requirements raised by Duryodhan.

Before being an established Kingdom Indraprastha was known as Khandav Vaan. Burning that huge forest with help of Lord Agni Panadav brothers had established this city, Indraprastha. So, turning back towards that state, sacrificing more land for forest was really a matter of worries for them, especially according to economic demands.

"Your concern for environment is right, but this issue can't be solved once. It needs time, Anuj!" Yudhishthir voiced out his opinion genuinely.

"Take your time. I don't think this issue can be solved either," Despite the polite approach Duryodhan mocked Yudhishthir.

"I think these brothers are hesitating to fulfill the lack of forest in their kingdom. I guess it's because their great father had died in forest, right?" Dushashan joined Duryodhan to mock more which made Bheem proceed towards them with a tight fist.

"Bheem, be calm. A warrior should know how to react on words too," Bheem stood rooted at his place unwillingly.

"Jyeshth, I have something to ask," Subhadra who was sitting quite came forward for her mission.

"Sure, sister. Proceed ahead," Yudhishthir permitted her.

"Bhrata Duryodhan, we have accepted the lack traced out by your expert team. We will work on that too. Since many years Indraprastha had been respecting the views of Hastinapur as it's mentoring state. So, shouldn't Hastinapur give a chance to Indraprastha in annual function?" Subhadra's question was too unexpected to push Duryodhan into bewilderment.

"Yes, why not? Indraprastha will get a chance to represent itself in Hastinapur's annual function," Duryodhan's acceptance that too at first place was also highly unexpected for everyone.

"But I have a condition," This statement cleared that Duryodhan's acceptance wasn't a genuine one.

"What's that condition?" Subhadra asked calmly.

"The condition is whoever will represent Indraprastha in annual function will present only this lack found out by Hastinapur's expert team. Except that nothing else," Duryodhan's condition held no benefit for Indraprastha even after getting the chance of participation in annual function.

"Jyeshth, we should go with this chance. I know this chance has nothing for us, but I believe to create outcomes out of chances rather than burrowing those from chances," Everyone smiled at Subhadra's confidence.

"We accept your condition, Duryodhan!" Yudhishthir declared holding the same confidence from Subhadra.

"Let's see. What can you create out of this chance? I feel pity over your thoughts whatever they are," Duryodhan threw mocking glance towards the whole Indraprastha family.

"Don't forget this land was barren once upon a time. Now bliss resides here. So, nothing is impossible on this land, Bhrata Duryodhan!" Duryodhan was smirking being careless over logical words of Arjun.

"I think we will have a great entertainment on this annual function as some people are going to present their foolishness there. Voicing out lack on your own! What a stupidity!" Dushashan chuckled before leaving the place with Duryodhan and Shakuni.

"Thank you for trusting me, Jyeshth!" Subhadra joined her hands towards Yudhishthir.

"You are entrusted with the responsibility too which you asked, Sister!" Yudhishthir smiled with brotherly love towards her.

"Don't worry, Bhabhi. You aren't alone. As an animal lover I would love to join your mission," Nakul was the first one to stand beside Subhadra in her support.

"And me! Won't I get any role in your mission? I am your all time partner, right?" Sahdev stood at other side of Subhadra.

"Definitely, Bhrata. Your wise suggestions are really important in any kind of mission," Subhadra smiled at Sahdev.

"Looks like soon Duryodhan is going to regret for granting sister Subhadra's proposal," Everyone grabbed the chance to laugh at Bheem's comment.

So readers, here's the next part

Now questions.

(1) Any fact you liked here?

(2) Any gesture to be commented?

(3) Any guess or expectation for next?

LAXMIPATI SHRI NARAYAN, please accept the positivity of my this work as an offering to you in name of all wellbeing of my LIFELINE.

RADHE RADHE 🙏