(46) SISTERHOOD, A SOLACE

Feelings no matter buried how much deep find their ways to come into light, to be caressed by serenity or shiver of lips in peace or in pain respectively

Feelings no matter buried how much deep find their ways to come into light, to be caressed by serenity or shiver of lips in peace or in pain respectively. Like the inspiration of happy memories don't fade it's glow the intensity of nostalgic ones too don't fall short in grabbing us towards them.

Subhadra and Arjun had returned to Indraprastha after spending some happy days in Dwarka. After coming back they got engrossed in their usual schedules. There was something more added up in everyone's schedule, and that was extra care and attention towards Subhadra due to her pregnancy.

One fine day Subhadra was making a portrait of Arjun in her chamber. Suddenly with intense foot steps an angry voice vibrated in the calm air.

"Subhadraaaaa!" The voice screamed not furiously yet louder than usual.

"How could you do like that? How could you hide such an attention concerned issue from me, from your jyeshtha?" It was Draupadi who was demanding answers fiercely.

"What happened, Jyeshtha? Why are you angry?" Subhadra was surprised over Draupadi's fierce mood.

"Don't act like an ignorant," Draupadi huffed looking other side.

Suddenly realisation pulled her attention towards Subhadra again, not to look at her, but to look at the portrait of Arjun.

"This portrait! Is this made by you?" Draupadi's anger turned into astonishment in no time as soon as she looked at the portrait.

"It's a popular belief that if a pregnant woman looks at her husband's portrait during pregnancy then her child will resemble like him. So......," Draupadi giggled as Subhadra was at loss of words to explain further.

"So, you painted this! The disguised form of arya Arjun!" Draupadi's amused eyes were intended to tease Subhadra.

Subhadra painted Arjun in appearance of a sage just like on that day when she met him for the first time.

"Actually I couldn't resist my wish of painting arya in this form. It was the form in which he had won my heart," Subhadra's voice was lost in those days of her maidenhood.

"Mine too," Some words escaped from Draupadi's mouth voluntarily.

"Say about your marriage, Jyeshtha!" Making Draupadi sit on bed Subhadra too sat beside her.

"Everyone knows about the tale of my marriage, even you too. What's there to say more?" Draupadi tried to escape though she had doubt over the success of her attempt.

"I am not asking about the facts which everyone knows. I am asking about your feelings from self choice ceremony to your marriage," Draupadi got emotional as till then none had asked her feelings about her marriage.

Her husbands might have feared to hurt her asking her feelings about marriage. She had felt that hesitation in their gestures. Like other women sometimes Draupadi too wished to cherish the memories of her marriage through reminiscence, but no suitable company was available near her to share those memories.