(13) HOME COMING

Sharing, a word doesn't mean to sound pleasant each time, doesn't intend to lessen your pain each time, sometimes it acts opposite too

Sharing, a word doesn't mean to sound pleasant each time, doesn't intend to lessen your pain each time, sometimes it acts opposite too. The same situation was going to arise in between two pure souls, one was sacrificial already, another one had to register her name in that criteria.

Draupadi who had sacrificed the greatest for Pandav family as a daughter in law of her generation was standing still at her place before sacrificing once more, sharing her husband Arjun with her co wife Subhadra that too when he was returning from his exile of twelve long years.

Being Subhadra as Arjun's wife wasn't an issue, but sharing Arjun with her living under one roof was something difficult to go with for Draupadi even in imagination. It was the first time Arjun's wife was going to reside in indraprastha, or else Ullupi and Chitrangada stayed back in their maternal homes due to their duties of being one and only heir to their kingdoms.

Somehow she was hurt by him for marrying Subhadra, and she really can't be blamed for that. Arjun had valid reasons for marrying Ullupi and Chitrangada, but in case of Subhadra there was no such reason in views of outer world. Draupadi was completely unaware of Arjun's yearning for Subhadra. Many strings were entangled with each other in this way hindering Draupadi's happiness on Arjun's arrival.

After listening about his family from Arjun all the time during journey Subhadra was excited to meet them, her new family. Whenever Arjun had mentioned about Draupadi in the conversation his voice stumbled as he knew what he had to face from the fire born's side. Subhadra too had sensed that, but didn't drag that into a discussion considering Arjun's comfort.

Finally the time of entering into Indraprastha was at front staring at the couple with a welcoming gaze. Both were sharing happiness, excitement and anxiety equally. When happiness and excitement belonged to the whole family, anxiety was for Draupadi exclusively.

If Draupadi had known that she had something exclusively for her from Arjun she would haven't hesitated to receive that with open arms, undoubtedly. That was her love for him, had grown up beyond each limit in these years of separation, to be intensely severe at a point in his name, only for him.

Subjects were gathered to welcome their commander along with his newly wedded wife. Love and respect were flooded towards the couple making their faces bloom with smiles. Shower of flowers, wishes and compliments from subjects had wrapped Arjun and Subhadra in a soothing warmth which was so worth to enjoy all the day.