(31) MESMERIZING MOMENTS (A)

It's not only we who have plans for our special days

It's not only we who have plans for our special days. Our special days too have their own plans for us. The more eagerness we have to execute our plans those certain days too have the same equally. No matter how fabulous our agenda is the architecture of fate never fails to amuse us in it's own way.

The special day of Arjun for which he was excited surprised him in the early hours of morning. When he came to his chamber to wish Subhadra instead of her appearance a letter left in his name welcomed him.

The content of the letter:

Dear arya,

At first I am seeking your forgiveness for leaving without meeting you, but the cause is much concerned one. In our kingdom there's lack of fundamental education in girls. No doubt they are going kanyakul for being educated, but before that they don't have any kind of touch with education. More than literacy to pick up the speed further in student life the little girls are getting introduced to the social limitations of their genders.

That's why bhrata Sahdev had arranged an awareness camp. He had chosen this day inattentively. He was about to cancel the program for today, but I insisted not to. Such an important cause can't be ignored, right?

I could have informed you yesterday, but that was the last day of jyeshtha's year with you. I didn't wish to disturb you both, and today I didn't get time to do so.

Please forgive this anniversary girl. We will return before afternoon.

Yours Subhi

"Great! So, this day surprised me before I can surprise Subhi," A sulky Arjun sat on bed with a thud.

"I wish I had waited for her to wake up. If I had then this would haven't happened. At least I could have wished her before her departure," Moving his fingers in hairs he tried to control the pace of frustration in him.

Whole day passed waiting for her. She and Sahdev returned in late afternoon. Before he could talk to her a concerned Draupadi dragged both of them to have lunch. Even Kunti was present with them to ensure about well intake of the duo. Noticing no chance of having a talk with Subhadra he went to his chamber quietly.

Finally evening came. Draupadi made Subhadra ready in her chamber.

"It's done, Jyeshtha. No need of checking once more," Subhadra assured Draupadi who had checked Subhadra's adornments more than three times.

"You decked me up on my special days. Now it's my turn, and it's the first time I am doing this to you. So, rechecking more than once can't be objected," Cutting Subhadra's words Draupadi completed her fourth turn.

"In this one year I have seen your intense care to nurture our bond the strongest. I am really pleased with each bit of emotion and effort you invest in our relationship. Wishing the best for you on this special day of yours," Draupadi held both hands of Subhadra affectionately leading her way to the main hall.