(44) ON A RIDE, TOGETHER

Cheerful time comes after the chaos of challenges

Cheerful time comes after the chaos of challenges. Not challenges always consist the interest of stories, cheerful phrases also inspire the same. After facing many challenges since marriage it was time to celebrate for Subhadra and Arjun. Unlike happy time of other stories their story too had it's own share of solace.

Next morning Arjun and Subhadra departed for Dwarka along with Kanha. Before reaching Dwarka they have to stay one night in forest. Arrangements were done for that night by soldiers. Arjun was checking necessities of soldiers along with Kanha outside the tent while Subhadra was getting bored being alone in tent.

She was strictly told to be in tent, and to do rest. A curious and carefree girl like her can never have the company of rest for more time. So, she came out of tent. Before she could take one step ahead she found Arjun in front of her.

"I just came out now," She smiled like a child caught before doing any mischief.

"Arya, I am getting bored. Let's go on a ride, please!" Holding his hand in hers she pleaded with puppy eyes.

"Not a bad idea. Let's go," He pulled her towards him gently as a gesture of acceptance.

"But I will go on other horse, not on yours one, and we will have a race," He looked at her in an enquiring manner to confirm she wasn't joking with him.

"Race! That too at this time, Subhi! It's dark. If you are adamant for race then forget about ride," His breath was impatient imagining the consequence of such a risky wish.

"At least hear me, Arya. This race will be a different one," Coming in front of him she tried assure him with a calm smile which worked over him instantly.

"So, explain about your idea, my highness!" She chuckled over his playful bowing to her.

"We both will hum our favourite tune, and we have to ride horse according to the pace of that tune. The one who reaches at the nearby waterfall first maintaining the pace and continuity of tune along with steps of ride will be the winner," She explained idea in a cheerful tone.

"Really interesting, Subhi! Let's go for it," Holding her hand he proceeded ahead.

Both started riding their horses humming their respective tunes. Slow breeze was the companion of their tunes adding more bliss to their time. After some time the shine of Subhadra's ear ring contrasting to the stars of sky allured Arjun's serenity.

While humming the tune her ear ring was touching her neck with a steady frequency as if it was intended to tickle her tender skin. He was lost at that sight. His humming got slower and eventually stopped due to his shifted focus.

She was engrossed in humming her tune. So, she didn't notice him.

"Finally I won!" She cheered for herself happily.

"Subhi, come on my horse," He was so eager to get her near him that didn't even congratulate her.

"But why, Arya?" She was surprised after discovering the glimpse of being lost in his eyes.