(40) IN SEARCH OF REASON

Truth is never easy not only to figure out but to realise that as a fact

Truth is never easy not only to figure out but to realise that as a fact. Sometimes we know the truth yet take time to acknowledge that. Confusion doesn't has only role in entangling the emotions. Chaos also do the same. In other words when confusion gets favoured by chaos that crumble the pillars of the castles of our hearts.

Sun rays in morning shone brightly over a sharp polished sword. After absorbing the blessing of Sun God through sun rays that sword moved in air, and clashed with it's opponent to showcase the strength of it's wielder.

It was the test session of sword practice in between Subhadra and the little girls who had been learning warfare from Subhadra. Nakul was observing the test session as a mentor. When each girl is done with test class got a short break.

"Girls are doing great in sword practice, aren't they?" Subhadra sat beside Nakul who handed a white cloth to wipe her sweat.

"Yes, they are. How's archery practice is going on?"

"It's proceeding all smoothly, Bhrata!"

"After teaching all advanced moves in sword practice I think you don't need me any more," The playful tone of Nakul tried to sound genuine to get seriousness from Subhadra.

"Your assistance and guidance will always be needed for me, Bhrata. I urge you to be in my mission forever," Subhadra smiled remembering Kanha's playfulness which Nakul was reflecting.

"I will be with you in your mission, but for that you have declare in front of everyone that I am your most caring and capable brother," Another dose of playfulness from Nakul made Subhadra giggle.

Arjun was coming towards them. That giggle embraced his senses at first place to make him lost. It wasn't the first time he heard her giggle, but the fact was he had been missing that very badly since many days.

"I can't declare anything like this, Bhrata!" Nakul's smile squeezed at Subhadra's statement.

"I understand. You don't want my brothers to feel bad declaring me the best. It's fine. I know I am the best brother of yours here," He praised himself making her giggle more.

"I am not declaring you the best for protecting you from bhrata Bheem," Both laughed at her answer.

"Really bhrata Bheem is the best. We have to by heart this statement, and have to repeat this, or else our bones won't have strength anymore to support us for rest of the life," Nakul grabbed the opportunity of creating the chain of laughter again.

Arjun couldn't resist from admiring her face especially her lips where smile was just a formal one since many days. He couldn't remember when he had seen her real smile for the last time.

While searching for her smile in past days a flashback danced in front of his eyes.

Flashback:

That day Arjun had received a letter from his wife Chitrangada. He was so happy learning about their son Babrubahan's skill in warfare practice. He was reading that particular portion of letter repeatedly where Chitrangada mentioned about Babrubahan's fine and controlled skill of shooting arrows.

Arjun shared the words of letter with Subhadra. She was too equally happy. She was lost in the proud glow of paternity over Arjun's face. He back hugged her suddenly. Though he realised a slight jerk from her side he didn't mind that. He increased their closeness placing his chin on her shoulder.

"I have to go to help jyeshtha in evening veneration," Saying so she broke the hug.

"Evening has time to come, Subhi!" He pulled her towards him again.

"Flowers have to be chosen from garden," She didn't look into his eyes despite there was few inches of gap in between their faces.

He couldn't ignore that response of hers. He was trying to figure out her heart through her eyes.

"I have to go," Detaching himself with a slight push she left outside quickly.

After that day he never saw happiness beaming in her eyes. She used to talk with him, but the cheerfulness of her words wasn't there. She used to interact with his gestures of love yet the line of distance in between them could be seen, could be felt easily.

He tried to figure out the issue talking to Draupadi in an indirect manner. He was hesitated to approach her as it might show that he assumed her as the cause of Subhadra's torment. At last he talked to her like a friend used to seek help from other friend keeping privacy till a limit.

After Draupadi he tried to gain some information from Nakul about Subhadra's abnormal behaviour, but that didn't bring any effective result out.

"Don't know what happened to you. How can I find the incident behind your attitude change?" Sighing at himself he thought.

"He can have an answer, probably!" Suddenly a piece of memory made his hope arise.

Solving the knots of mystery in a bonding is never easy. Even after knowing everything you need you can't decide the immediate next step sometimes.

So readers, here's the next part

Now questions.

(1) Any fact you liked here?

(2) Any gesture to be commented?

(3) Any guess or expectation for next?

LAXMIPATI SHRI NARAYAN, please accept the positivity of my this work as an offering to you in name of all wellbeing of my LIFELINE.

RADHE RADHE 🙏