(5) CHILDHOOD, ONCE AGAIN

Our lives shouldn't be measured by days, months and years

Our lives shouldn't be measured by days, months and years. It should be in terms of the moments when we laugh heartily, when we act carefree under the care of our dear ones, when the small things out of our trials gives us huge happiness. There were three days left for Subhadra's marriage. That's why siblings had decided to spend these three days leaving aside rules, regulations and responsibilities.

Though Kanha and Subhadra could be emersed in enjoyment but dau couldn't. He had to check upon preparations. He had to balance the hours of duty and delight. The session of enjoyment started from day one in morning itself.

"Where are dau, arya and Subhadra?Why they didn't come for breakfast?" Jambavati roamed eyes towards her sister in hope to get an answer.

"Even children are missing though," Revati added a supplementary fact making everyone realise about absence of Bhanu, Shambh, Nishant and Ulmukh.

"When I saw arya last time he was seeming excited for something," Mitravindha's revelation pushed everyone into a thoughtful silence.

"Let's search them," Satyabhama was curious to know about the reason of Kanha's excitement.

Revati, Rukmini, Jambavati and Nagnajiti stayed at dining hall to serve everyone. Satyabhama, Mitravindha, Kalindi, Lakshmana and Bhadra went on searching the missing members. After enquiring for a short they came to know that all the missing ones were in garden.

They reached at garden to be surprised by the sight of Kanha and Subhadra was sitting on a tree, and dau was standing beneath the tree. Bhanu, Nishant, Ulmukh, Shambh too on tree along with Kanha and Subhadra.

"What's going here? What are you all doing on tree?" Satyabhama asked slightly glaring at everyone on tree.

"We are reliving our childhood, Satya!" Kanha answered catching an apple from dau.

"What do you mean?" Mitravindha raised over her tips of fingers to look at Kanha.

"When Gudiya was a child we used to have breakfast on tree very often. So, today we are repeating those days," Kanha increased the pitch of his voice from tree.

"I used to stand beneath tree to protect them from falling down," Dau smiled, and threw a guava towards Kanha.

"Understood. But why these children are here?" A question of curiosity was asked by Kalindi.

"They wished to join us. That's why they are here, Bhabhi!" Subhadra replied in a happiness filled voice.

"Ok, be careful while climbing down," Lakshmana adviced in a concerned tone.

"And come soon inside," Bhadra completed the caring phrase of Lakshmana.

"In childhood we used to rest under shadow of tree after breakfast. So, we will rest here. Don't worry about us," Sisters looked at each other feeling lack of words to utter.