Stuck With You - Nyles

*Warning*
There shouldn't be spoilers, but if you guys haven't seen Palm Springs yet, you probably shouldn't read this.
__

"God, I'm so tired..." Nyles sighed, lying down on the bed beside Y/n "...I guess I'll see you tomorrow"

He turned around towards her, and felt the corners of his lips rise, as he gently smiled at her.

God, she was so beautiful...

"...Already?"

"Yeah... It's been a really long day, and I've had a lot to drink, so..." he yawned, streching his arms a bit.

She sighed, and rested her head on his shoulder, closing her eyes, as she got a bit closer.

"Goodnight, then" she softly said.

Suddently, she felt his breath get shaky, almost as if he was nervous or something.

"...There's something I-I need to tell you"

Y/n, confused, sat up a bit, and turned to face him. She saw his neck get tense, as he gulped and took a deep breath, trying to find the words.

"I... I was tired of being here, stuck in this loop, before you arrived. Every morning I woke up, and lived the same thing over, and over, and over again... I started wishing I was dead, you know?"

You bet she did!
She could clearly see how that life was draining him, even though he pretended it was fine, most of the time.

He was very good at pretending he was ok, but she had learned how to tell if he wasn't. 

She had a feeling he was about to cry, and felt her heart sink in her chest.

She cared about him.
But she would've never admitted it, especially not to him.

"...But since you followed me into the cave, and got stuck in here as well... things started to have sense again. Or at least, they started finally having one"

He took a deep breath, and looked up at her.

"...I think I love you, Y/n"

She froze.
It took her a couple seconds to get it all in, and even when she finally had, she still couldn't believe it.

It felt so unreal...
But, well everything did, by now, so...

"You... you do?"

"I know, I'm as surprised as you are" he chuckled, even tho he didn't find any of that funny.

She had took his heart hostage.
It belonged to her, and there was nothing he could to do about that.

Telling her felt like the right thing to do, at the moment.

But then he saw her face.
He saw how she didn't know what to say.

And regretted all of it.

"I-I'm sorry, forget about it" he said, quickly getting up "I shouldn't have said that"

He sighed, rubbing his eyes, as he walked towards the door.
"God, I'm so stupid" he muttered.

"Nyles, wait..." she softly said, trying to stop him.

"Goodnight, Y/n"

He left.
__

"Wake up"

His eyes opened.
Again, he was in his room, with his so-called girlfriend Misty.

He sighed, and rolled on his other side, lifting the duvet above his head.

He felt awful.

Why did she have to stay silent?
Couldn't she just say that she loved him too?

No, she couldn't.
It would've been a lie.

Or at least, that's what he thought.

When he left his room, y/n was nowhere to be found.

Not that he had been looking for her, of course. He felt too hurt and sad to go looking for her.

But he had heard her parents talking about her, and even tho he was trying to convince himself otherwise, he was a bit worried.

Where did she go?
Had she left him forever?

He decided not to think about it, and opened another beer.

"The less I see her, the better.
She's never gonna love me anyway..."
__

A couple days passed, and Nyles was always more convinced that she was never going to come back.

So he drowned his sadness in alcohol, as he always did.

He had already had four cans of beer, when he heard someone knocking on his door.

Who could it be?

Surely not Misty, she was already in the bathroom with Trevor, and didn't care about him not being there, at the reception...

So who was it?

The person behind it knocked harder, and Nyles sighed, rubbing his eyes.
"I'm coming, I'm coming..."

He lazily got up from the bed, and walked towards the door, opening it.

In front of him stood y/n.

She wasn't wearing a dress, so she hadn't gone to the reception either.

As he saw her, his eyes lit up.
He would've never admitted it, but he had missed her.

"What are you doing here?" he asked.

Before he could finish, y/n smashed her lips on his, pulling him closer by the collar of his shirt.

He blushed hard, and froze, confused.
Why was she kissing him?

She quickly pulled away, breathless, and looked up at him.

"I'm sorry for the other day, Nyles. It took me some time to see it, but... I love you too" she smiled "...I love you"

A wide grin spread on his features, as he pulled her closer, putting his hands on her hips, and kissed her again.

She shakingly rested hers on his chest, moving then to his neck, where she slowly caressed his tense veins, and up to his hair, where she started gently pulling and tugging.

Suddently, she broke away, and stared straight into his eyes.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" she whispered.

"...Yeah" he panted.

She quickly took his wrist, and led him towards the bed.

She gently pushed him, making him lie down on the mattress, and sat in his lap, quickly reconnecting their lips.

He put his hands on her hips again, softly moving up her back, and breathed heavily, as she quickly took off her shirt and smashed her lips back on his.

"...Wait" he panted.

She pulled away, concearned.
"What?"

"...I just..." he whispered, still breathless.

He looked up at her.
He wanted to say something, but he couldn't find the words, and just... smiled.

God, he loved her so much...

A/N :/
Hey guys! Thanks for reading!
This isn't much, sorry, but I was trying to be a little different from the movie (that btw, is GREAT), and didn't really know what to do...
Anyway, hope you liked it :)

- Franx

Btw, thanks for the 3k reads, guys!!! It means a lot to me.
Thank you so much for your support and everything, I really hope you enjoy reading these stories as much as I enjoy writing them :)