Steakout - Jake Peralta

*Warning: slight smut*

"Ok..." Jake sighed, sitting down next to Y/n in front of the window "Two days left, and the steakout is over... finally..."

Y/n, completely ignoring him, continued looking at the apartment in front of her, taking pictures of the perps.

"Oh, come on! Still mad at me?!" he exclaimed "I said I'm sorry! How long are you going on with this silence treatment?"

"As long as we're here"

"Gotcha! You talked!"

She rolled her eyes, as he chuckled like a kid, and took her phone, looking at it for a moment.

"Listen... I know you had plans for the weekend, and it's just my fault that you're here too, but we can't do anything about it! We're already here, so... why don't we just try to enjoy this last couple of days?" He said, softly.

"...Yeah, I guess you're right..." she sighed, leaning back on her chair.

In fact, they were there just because of Jake, just as he said.

He had lost the perp while chasing him, disobbeying Holt's orders to wait for more evidence, and the captain had decided to punish him, and had sent him on this steakout, choosing y/n as his partner.

So yeah, she was pretty angry.

"...I'm sorry I got mad at you, I'm just very stressed lately..." she apologized.

"No, no, you're right to be! You have been working really hard, you deserved those days off..."

They softly smiled at each other, and y/n blushed, looking away

"You can have a couple more days the next time, if you want... I can give you mine..."

"What? No, no... I can't..."

"Why not?! I mean, you're here because of me, that's the least I can do to pay you back!"

"Yeah, but you deserve a break too! You've been on this case for almost two months, you need to relax! I can't..."

"Ok" he shrugged "It was just an idea"

A weird silence fell on the room.
The two detectives, not knowing what else to say, went back at looking at the perps in the apartment in front of them.

Then Jake made the first step.

"Ehy, so... listen..." he said, scratching his neck "...I was wondering if you wanted to go out on a date, as this is over..."

"A-a date?" she said, shocked.

"...I mean, if you want to..."

"Oh... Y-yeah, sure!... it would be really nice..." she smiled, making him blush hard.

"O-ok, great! Ehm..."

He really wasn't expecting that kind of answer, and it left him really embarrassed, because he now had nothing else to say, and didn't know how to change the subject.

He didn't want to say anything that could've made her change her mind, and he was very sure he would've soon.

Suddently, the alarm on his phone rang, saving the both of them from that ankward situation.

"Oh, it's my turn... well, see you in eight hours!" he added, quickly getting up from the chair and lying down on the king sized bed in the middle of the room.

Luckily, he fell asleep almost immediately.

She giggled a little, seeing how flustered he was, and stared at him for a moment, smiling softly, as she watched him sleep.