Punishment (pt.2) - Jake Peralta

Request by mholian
__

*Warning: smut*
(More than usual, so... :/)

The two detectives walked out of Holt's office, both looking ashamed and frustrated.

Y/n wanted to say something, but she was scared she would've messed up, and decided to let him go.

He turned around for a second, slightly nodding at her, and then went to his desk, sitting down, and started to work, as if nothing had happened.

She sighed, and did the same, rubbing her temples.

"...Nice hit, y/l/n. I didn't see you as a fighter..." Rosa said, impressed, leaning against the backrest of her chair.

"Can we please change the subject?" she sighed "I feel terrible..."

"Why? He deserved it"

"No, he didn't"

"He did" she whispered, getting closer "Peralta is an idiot... And also, I think he liked it. You know, he's kinda into this stuff..."

"Ugh, please stop. I don't wanna know it" she giggled, disgusted.

She smirked.
"...Come on, y/l/n, stop pretending. We both know you like him"

"W-what?! No, I don't!" she said, shocked "I-I mean, yeah, he's cute, and funny, but that's it! We're not even friends!"

"Dude, do I have to remind you all your teasing? All your sarcastic comments to each other?... You pretend it's hate, but deep down, you both know that's not it"

She got closer, and a cheeky grin appeared on her face.

"That's sexual tension, girl" she whispered.
__

The end of the shift arrived, and the detectives started to pack their things, ready to go home.

All of them did, except for Jake and y/n, that had to stay late.

"See you tomorrow, guys" Terry smiled, chuckling a little, as he entered the elevator with the rest of the squad.

"See ya" Jake replied, sighing.

The whole bullpen was now empty, leaving the two alone, as they sat back down at their desks.

Y/n looked up from the screen for a moment, gazing at Peralta, who was filing some reports for the Captain, and sighed, going back to her paperwork.

She wanted to talk to him, to apologize, but didn't want to say something inappropriate or wrong, and cause even more damage.

She had to, tho.
She couldn't just avoid him, they saw each other every day...

"So, ehm... does your nose still hurt?" she shyly asked, tucking a lock of hair behind her ear.

Jake, realizing she was talking to him, looked up, coughing a little.

"Oh, well... yeah... but not as this morning. I don't really think about it that much anymore..."

He lied.
It hurt like crazy, but he knew she felt bad about it, and didn't want to make it worse.

"Good" she slightly smiled, going back to her files.

"Good? Seriously? Is that all you can do?" She thought "You fucking punched him in the face! Say something else!"

She took a deep breath.

"...I'm really sorry, about this morning, I... I really don't know what I was thinking. You clearly were already in a bad mood, and... well, I shouldn't have said that stuff about your dad. A-and I shouldn't have punched you"