Stay - Jake Peralta

To celebrate Rosa's success with her task force, after a successful drug bust (in which they managed to arrest a major supplier and recover almost thirty kilos of giggle pig), the whole squad had went to Shaw's, to have some beers.

"To detective Diaz and her task force!" the captain announced, lifting his.

"To Rosa!" everyone cheered, starting to drink.
__

"Congrats, Rosa!" Y/n said, sitting beside her on a stool in front of the counter.

"Thanks, Y/l/n" she grinned.

"You must be pretty excited, about all this, I mean... it's a big thing, right?"

"Yeah! It's great!" she said, pulling then out a confused look, as she noticed she didn't have a beer in hand "...Aren't you having something?"

"Oh, no, I can't. I've started blacking out lately, and I know I'd do something I could regret, if I did, so... maybe next time" she smiled.

"Why do you care? I mean, have you seen Peralta? He does a lot of embarrassing stuff, and nobody ever gives a shit! Just laugh about it, and everyone will"

As she said his name, Y/n turned around, and saw him, terribly dancing to the music of the bar with Terry and Charles, while taking another sip of his beer.

She slightly blushed, looking at him, and couldn't help but smile.

He was so cute...

"Oh, I see what's going on..." her friend smirked.

She turned around to face her again, and her cheeks turned red, even more than before.

"W-what do you mean?"

"Come on, don't pretend you don't know what I'm talking about..."

She nodded towards Jake, with a cheeky grin on her face, and drank a bit, amused, as Y/n blushed harder, proving her point.

"It's obvious" she said "You like him"

She froze, quickly getting closer.
"It is?" she whispered, clearly worried "So, d-do you think... do you t-think he knows?"

Rosa chuckled, shaking her head.
"Have you seen him? He's not really smart, when it comes to this kind of stuff. Or in general. Believe me, he doesn't"

Y/n sighed of relief, and turned to the bartender, asking for a glass of water.

The man quickly nodded, and shuffled away, coming back with her drink a couple moments later.

"Thanks Hank" she sighed, quickly chugging it.

As he was gone, her friend got closer.
"So, you do like him!" she whispered, clearly interested, by now.

She had never seen Rosa so curious about personal things...

"...Ok, yes" she sighed "...But please, don't tell him, I don't want stuff to get weird, between us"

"Don't worry, my lips are sealed" she nodded, winking, as she sipped her beer again.

Y/n smiled, and hugged her, even tho she knew she didn't like affection and that kind of stuff.

"Thanks, Rosa... you're the best!"

She felt really uncomfortable, but tried her best not to show it, as she patted her shoulder.

"No problem"

Finally, she let her go, and grinned, as she walked away, leaving her alone at the counter.

Rosa sighed, and stared at her, as she started talking to Gina.

She wanted to tell her, to let her know he felt the same, but she couldn't.