Shots - Jake Peralta

"To Jake!" the nine nine cheered, lifting their beers in the air.

"Thanks guys" he smiled.

Just a couple hours earlier, in fact, the detective had cracked an important case, and arrested one of the most important drug dealers of Brooklyn, during one of the biggest drug busts in the precinct's history.

As always, the whole squad had gone to Shaw's to celebrate.

"Peralta" Holt called him, walking closer.

"Hey sir! Wass'up?"

"I just wanted to say... good job" he smiled.

"Thank you, sir... but emotions don't look good on you, you should know that" Jake joked, folding his arms.

"Relax, this weekend, ok?" he continued, completely ignoring what Jake had just said "You've been working really hard, you deserve it..."

"I surely will, don't worry"

"...I'm proud of you"

"Oh... T-thanks, Captain..." he stuttered, shocked.

"Now go, have fun! It is your night, after all..."

"...Right, yeah..." he sniffed, quickly drying his eye with the back of his hand.

"...Detective... are you crying?"

"Oh, s-sorry... it's just that all that 'I'm proud of you' thing really surprised me..." he chuckled.

The captain smiled again, patted his shoulder, and walked away, leaving him alone.

Jake sighed, and looked around.
Everyone was laughing and having fun, and they all still seemed very sober, which was very unusual.

He was about to go talk to Charles, when he spotted y/n, sitting alone at the other end of the counter, with a beer in her hand and a not-so-happy look on her face.

He changed his mind, and went to sit next to her instead.

"Hey Y/l/n... everything alright?"

"Oh, hey Jake... yeah, I think so..." she said, sipping her beer "...Oh, I almost forgot, congrats on that drug bust!"

"Thanks!" he smiled "...But, why are you here alone, then?"

"I don't know... I guess I just didn't feel like talking to anyone, tonight..."

"Oh, am I bothering you? I can go away, if-

"No, no, don't worry" she giggled "...I like being with you"

Jake blushed, and took a sip of his drink, trying to hide the red on his cheeks.

"Anyway, why are you with me, right now?... I mean there's so many people in here, you should be celebrating with them..."

"...I guess I like spending time with you too" he smirked, regaining his usual confidence and boldness

"Oh... well, thanks..." she smiled.

They drank their beers in silence for a moment.

Both of them wanted to talk, but the right words just seemed to disappear, when they were one next to the other...

"Ehy, ehm... I have an idea" Jake said all of a sudden.

"Shoot"

"...Wanna get wasted together?"

"That sounds really fun, Peralta" she giggled "...What did you have in mind?"

He smirked, and turned around to talk to the bartender.