The preparations {119}

The air crackled with anticipation within the dimly lit room. Yuji, Nobara, and Panda, along with various other Jujutsu sorcerers, anxiously awaited a strategy meeting. However, their most crucial advisor, Kenzo, the Shadow Monarch, was conspicuously absent.

A swirling portal of inky darkness pulsated in the room's center. An unsettling energy emanated from it, whispering of an unseen world beyond. This portal, a gateway to Kenzo's domain – the Gate – was the only clue to his whereabouts.

Curiosity piqued, one could step through the portal and find themselves transported to a vast, otherworldly expanse. Rows upon rows of shadowy figures patrolled this Gate, an army of loyal soldiers under Kenzo's command. Here, amidst the swirling shadows, stood Kenzo himself, a silent observer. His watchful gaze lingered on the ongoing training exercises, his hand instinctively resting within his pocket.

A fierce battle raged between Igris and Belion, two elite shadow soldiers. Their movements were a blur of dark energy, each blow resonating with a resounding thwack. However, it was quickly becoming apparent that Belion held the upper hand, his attacks outmatching Igris' defense.

Kenzo shifted his focus, observing the playful sparring session between Kashimo and Ishigori. Their movements, though intense, were imbued with a sense of twisted camaraderie, their laughter echoing through the Gate.

His attention then shifted to an isolated corner where a lone shadow soldier, a recent addition to his ranks, stood before a captured curse spirit, the one provided by Kenjaku. Kenzo's eyes narrowed as he assessed the soldier, his mind racing with possibilities.

Kenjaku... the knowledge gleaned from the rogue sorcerer had proven invaluable. Kenzo was using it to refine his techniques, to further enhance his own power. He wasn't preparing solely for Sukuna, that foe was merely a fly to be swatted away. No, his ultimate goal was a far more formidable opponent – his very antithesis.

/

The knowledge gleaned from Kenjaku was proving to be a goldmine. As Kenzo surveyed the training grounds within the Gate, a satisfied smirk played on his lips.

"So that's how a barrierless domain works, huh?" he mused, the implications of this forbidden technique sinking in. This knowledge would be instrumental in his future endeavors.

With a curt nod of dismissal, Kenjaku vanished once more, tasked with seeking out and recruiting additional shadow soldiers. Kenzo, his gaze sweeping across his assembled forces, began strategically assigning training partners.

Hakari, the boisterous gambler, would be paired with the berserker yet powerful Kashimo. Their similar styles would create a dynamic training environment, pushing each other to new heights.

Yuta, brimming with raw potential, would benefit from Uro's experience and tactical expertise. Ishigori would also be a good push,the more the merrier really.

Maki, the unwavering warrior, would be honed by the combined skills of Igris and Malgrim. Their relentless assault would force her to refine her defensive techniques and exploit any openings with lethal precision.

Yuji, the ever-determined boy, would get Choso. Their very different fighting style will help Yuji with his problem of not having a good time with people that use Ranges instead of throwing hands.

For curse technique refinement, there was no better choice than Kenjaku. His vast knowledge and understanding of cursed energy would be invaluable in helping Yuji unlock his full potential or anyone who needs it.

The beauty of Kenzo's domain lay in its versatility. By creating individual pocket dimensions, each pair could train in a customized environment, free from distractions. This maximized efficiency and allowed for tailored training regimens.

Meanwhile, Kenzo himself wouldn't be idle. He planned to engage in a separate training session with Gojo, a clash of titans that would undoubtedly push mostly Gojo to his physical limit.

A shadow of concern flickered across Kenzo's face as he surveyed his remaining team members. He readily acknowledged the limitations of Panda and Inumaki. While their cursed techniques were unique and valuable, they wouldn't be effective against a foe as powerful as Sukuna in his current state.

"Enhancing their reinforcement and curse energy knowledge is the best I can do for them for now," he muttered, his voice laced with a hint of frustration. He knew they yearned to contribute, but their safety was paramount. They would play a crucial role in future battles, but against Sukuna, the risk was simply too great.

His gaze then shifted towards Nobara, a young woman with a fierce spirit and a powerful technique. Her straw doll technique, particularly the resonance ability, held immense potential. However, the very essence of that technique – requiring a piece of her target – made it a risk he wasn't willing to take.

"Even with reaching Grade 1," he mused, "against Sukuna, it's like sending a lamb to the slaughter." The battlefield was no place for her fiery spirit at this moment. Training her to refine her technique further, to unlock its true potential, was a safer and more strategic option.

A wave of grim realization washed over him. The battle lines were clear. Yuji, Yuta, Maki, Hakari, and Gojo – these were the only ones who stood a chance, and even then, only when an opportunity presented itself. Sukuna's power, amplified by Megumi's body, was a force to be reckoned with.

Miles away, within a decaying temple bathed in an eerie green glow, a scene unfolded that sent shivers down one's spine. The King of Curses, Ryomen Sukuna, stood tall, a cruel smile twisting his lips. He held aloft his final finger, the last missing piece of his full power. With a sickening crunch, he devoured it, the cursed energy coursing through him like a dark tide.

Uraume, ever the dutiful attendant, bowed deeply. "I apologize, Lord Sukuna. Despite my best efforts, I could not locate the final finger." Her voice trembled, hinting at the fear that gnawed at her. "I am at your mercy. I will accept any punishment you deem fit for my failure."

Sukuna, however, seemed unfazed by her apology. His gaze, cold and calculating, fell upon her. "Rest easy," he rumbled, his voice dripping with amusement. "I'm well aware Satoru Gojo was behind its disappearance. No doubt a desperate attempt to save his precious container's life."

Uraume simply uttered an "Oh," her apprehension barely concealed. But before she could elaborate, Sukuna moved with unnerving swiftness. He strode towards a desiccated figure, a mere husk wrapped in tattered bandages, resembling a forgotten mummy.

With a single, brutal motion, Sukuna ripped the head from the mummy's body. The desiccated face, contorted in a silent scream, held no resemblance to the power Sukuna wielded, yet a dark glint flickered in his crimson eyes.

"This will suffice," he declared, a hint of dark glee in his voice. The substitution, whatever unholy power it possessed, was enough. Here, within the decaying temple, the stage was set for a confrontation that could reshape the very fabric of reality. The King of Curses, now at full power, prepared to unleash his wrath.