A barrierless domain [108]

As Kenzo observed the clash from outside the domains, a flicker of surprise crossed his normally calm features. Kenjaku's lack of a visible barrier was unexpected, revealing a unique type of Domain Expansion known as a "barrierless domain." This gave Kenjaku the advantage of attacking the outside of Mahito's domain, while Mahito remained trapped within its confines.

"An open domain... intriguing," Kenzo murmured, his voice laced with a hint of curiosity. "Let's see how much you've truly evolved, Mahito."

Inside the warped reality of Mahito's domain, the fight raged on. Kenjaku, ever the strategist, kept his distance, employing various cursed spirit manipulations to control the grotesque faces of his own domain. These faces twisted and contorted, launching barrages of cursed energy towards Mahito's hands, aiming to weaken their hold and break free from the domain's grasp.

Mahito, fueled by desperation and defiance, roared in frustration. He knew his domain couldn't hold forever, and the relentless attacks from Kenjaku were slowly chipping away at its integrity. He needed to act fast, to exploit a weakness before the domain shattered and left him exposed.

His gaze darted across the grotesque landscape, searching for an opening. His eyes landed on one of the monstrous faces in Kenjaku's domain, its expression contorted in a particularly pained grimace. An idea sparked in his mind. With a surge of cursed energy, he manipulated the hands of his domain, forming them into a sharp point and aiming it directly at the vulnerable face.

"You may have the outside," he spat, his voice strained but determined, "but my control within is absolute!"

If he could shatter that specific face, he theorized, it might create a ripple effect, destabilizing Kenjaku's entire domain and offering him a window to escape. But would his gamble pay off? Or would Kenjaku anticipate his move and counter with his own attack?

The air crackled with anticipation as their cursed techniques collided, the outcome of their clash poised to tip the scales of the battle. Would Kenjaku maintain his advantage or would Mahito's desperate gambit turn the tide?

Kenjaku's words hung heavy in the air, each sentence dripping with a chilling smugness. Mahito's initial defiance faltered, replaced by a dawning realization of his predicament. The air grew thick with tension as Kenjaku, savoring the moment, launched into an explanation.

"Do you know what happens when two domains clash, Mahito?" he asked, his voice laced with amusement.

"The more refined domain wins," Mahito spat back, his voice tight with suppressed anger.

Kenjaku chuckled, the sound echoing eerily within the confines of his barrierless domain. "Correct, but only when dealing with domains of equal type." He leaned closer, his eyes glinting with predatory excitement. "But when a domain without bounds meets one trapped within its own walls... the outcome becomes far more fascinating, wouldn't you agree?"

Mahito, his confusion deepening, stammered, "Huh? What are you talking about?"

Kenjaku's smile widened. "Ah, I see. Perhaps your knowledge isn't as vast as you believed. Allow me to enlighten you." He raised a hand, and the grotesque faces within his domain contorted dramatically, amplifying his words with a chorus of silent screams.

"A Domain Expansion," he began, his voice booming with theatrical flourish, "is the pinnacle of a Jujutsu sorcerer's power. It creates a separate reality, a canvas upon which they paint their own twisted will. But most domains are limited, bound by the barriers they construct. Their reach is limited, their vulnerability high."

He gestured towards the shattered remains of Mahito's domain, now scattered like fallen petals around them. "But not mine. My domain, a rare and wondrous thing, is unbound by such constraints. It stretches far beyond the confines of a mere barrier, encompassing a vast expanse where my will reigns supreme."

Kenjaku's eyes locked onto Mahito, a predator savoring its prey's fear. "Our techniques clash within, true. But remember, Mahito, you are fighting on two fronts. While you struggle against the horrors within my domain, your precious shell crumbles under the relentless assault from without. It's a beautiful symphony, wouldn't you say? A testament to the power of true mastery."

As the final words left his lips, Mahito's domain fractured further, the cracks spreading like spiderwebs across the black expanse. His eyes widened, a flicker of panic replacing the defiant glint. The realization of his vulnerability, the cunning trap he had fallen into, washed over him like a tidal wave.

With a deafening crack, Mahito's domain shattered, the fragments dissolving into nothingness. He stood alone, exposed and vulnerable, in the face of Kenjaku's boundless domain and the ancient sorcerer's predatory grin. The battle had reached a turning point, and the outcome seemed grim for the young curse.

As Mahito's domain shattered, an agonizing scream ripped through the air. Kenjaku's sure-hit cursed techniques rained down, pummeling the young curse into the ground. Mahito coughed blood, his porcelain mask cracking further, but a chilling fire still burned in his eyes. With a twisted grin, he defied the impossible.

"Domain Expansion... Self Embodiment of Perfection!" he roared, the black tendrils reforming around them in a blink. Kenjaku, momentarily surprised, quickly regained his composure. He studied the reformed domain, a knowing glint in his ancient eyes.

"Impressive persistence, Mahito," he acknowledged. "But even a phoenix must eventually fall. Your defiance is admirable, but ultimately futile."

"Try it, old man!" Mahito spat, launching himself at Kenjaku in a flurry of transfigured limbs and razor-sharp claws. He understood his gamble: inflict enough damage on Kenjaku within the domain, and its integrity might falter before being overwhelmed again. Kenjaku saw through his plan instantly, yet a flicker of admiration crossed his face.

The clash within the reformed domain became a whirlwind of shadows and cursed energy. Mahito's transfigured strikes lashed out, aiming for vital points, while Kenjaku countered with precise movements and potent cursed techniques. Yet, with each passing moment, the strain on the domain grew evident. Cracks began to spiderweb across its surface, reflecting the damage Kenjaku sustained.

"You fight fiercely, but your desperation weakens you," Kenjaku warned, deflecting a swipe that would have torn through his shoulder. "Your domain cannot hold forever, and my patience far exceeds yours."

But Mahito refused to yield. He fought with the ferocity of a cornered beast, fueled by a twisted mix of anger and admiration for his formidable opponent. The air crackled with a desperate tension, the outcome hanging precariously in the balance.

Would Mahito's last-ditch effort shatter Kenjaku's defenses before his own domain collapsed? Or would the ancient sorcerer's vast experience and strategic mind prevail once more, leaving Mahito broken and defeated?