Tengen {90}

Kenzo walked down some stairs with Yuta following behind him.

"How do you know this is the right way?" Yuta asked, to which Kenzo replied, "I left my shadow soldiers on basically everyone, and they're currently leading me to them." He said it nonchalantly, as if it were a routine.

"That seems very useful," Yuta added, and Kenzo just nodded, saying, "Yeah, just like a majority of my abilities."

"Anyway, how was your training overseas?" Kenzo inquired. Yuta responded, "It was decent, nothing to brag about."

"What about the food?" Kenzo asked, to which Yuta replied with a smile, "It was fantastic."

Kenzo arrived in front of a door, which he opened. Stepping inside, he found Yuki sitting on the couch and Maki looking a bit burned, but nothing too severe. Yuki greeted them with a nod as they entered the room.

"Hey, Kenzo, Yuta. Took you guys long enough," Yuki said, her tone a mix of nonchalance and amusement.

"What happened to you?" Kenzo asked as he approached Maki, inspecting the burns on her skin.

"I had worse," Maki replied, her demeanor reflecting a resilient spirit.

"She's pretty tough. Her resilience is the reason she survived; even reverse curse techniques wouldn't fully heal that. It will leave a scar," Yuki added, offering an explanation.

"I can fix that if you want, really. It's just a burn," Kenzo said, reaching out and gently holding Maki's cheek. The room fell into a brief silence as Maki considered the offer, her expression thoughtful.

"Actually, I would rather keep the scars. It would be a reminder for me not to let my guard down," Maki added. Kenzo smiled in response, saying, "It's your decision."

Yuta stood there in the room, looking rather stunned. Wait, what? Was Maki-senpai dating Kenzo? Did he miss an episode or something?

Kenzo turned towards Yuki and asked, "Where's Yuji?"

"He's with that brown-haired girl," Yuki replied with a smile on her face.

"Oh yeah, last time we met, you talked about something... Tengen. So when do you plan on actually meeting him?" Kenzo asked nonchalantly.

"I don't know," Yuki replied.

Kenzo stood in silence for a moment, absorbing her words. "Tengen made this place to be a maze, so he can't be found unless he wants to be found," Yuki added, shrugging her shoulders.

Unfazed, Kenzo spread his senses far and wide, locating the hivemind, and then teleported everyone in the room along with him to a white space that seemed devoid of anything.

"Oh, neat. You can teleport," Yuki remarked nonchalantly.

"I can. So where is he? I teleported past all the traps straight to the source," Kenzo stated.