The death of Kenzo [82]

Kenzo's once-mighty form crumpled, the weight of his own bloodied vulnerability contrasting sharply with the regal aura he had projected just moments ago. His weapon lay abandoned on the ground, a silent testament to the unforeseen turn of events that had unfolded on the battlefield.

As the life seeped out of him, Kenzo questioned the choices that led him to this dire moment. Saving his shadow soldier, an act of compassion and loyalty, now seemed like a distant luxury. In the cold reality of the battle, weakness and regret gnawed at him, a bitter realization that victory was not assured by strength alone.

Refusing to let his subordinates perish under his command, Kenzo's determination had become both a shield and a curse. His eyes, still filled with awareness, reflected the torment of a monarch who had strived for greatness but found himself caught in the cruel grip of fate.

The Frost Monarch's taunts cut through the air like icy daggers, each word a calculated strike aimed at Kenzo's weakened resolve. "Here, I will give you back your weapon," the Frost Monarch declared before callously shoving Kenzo's dagger straight into his chest. Agony rippled through Kenzo's frame, causing him to expel even more blood.

The Frost Monarch reveled in Kenzo's suffering, sadistic delight evident in his demeanor. "Let's see if you heal now like you did last time," he taunted, stabbing the dagger deeper into Kenzo's body with a twisted satisfaction. The once-mighty monarch, now reduced to a figure writhing in pain, bore the weight of his choices and the consequences of his actions. The battlefield, once a stage for his dominance, now witnessed a monarch grappling with mortality and the cruel reality of being labeled "incomplete" in the eyes of his merciless adversary.

"Is this all you've got?" the Frost Monarch jeered, kicking Kenzo's fallen weapon away with a disdainful smirk. "I expected more from a so-called 'Shadow Monarch.' Perhaps you're not as formidable as you thought."

Kenzo, though weakened, managed to shoot a defiant glare at his tormentor. Each labored breath seemed to carry a flicker of resilience, a determination that refused to be completely extinguished.

The Frost Monarch, undeterred by Kenzo's silent defiance, continued to probe the depths of his adversary's vulnerability. "Is this your limit, Shadow Monarch? Pathetic. I thought you'd at least put up a decent fight."

He circled Kenzo like a predator reveling in its prey's agony, the satisfaction evident in every calculated move. "You fancied yourself a king

The Frost Monarch, reveling in his cruel triumph, continued to weave a tapestry of impending doom with his words. "Your pitiful attempts to resist have already sealed your fate, Shadow Monarch. While you lie here, helpless and broken, my army will descend upon Earth. I will personally oversee the destruction, and you won't be there to witness the annihilation you failed to prevent."

A sinister grin crept across the Frost Monarch's face as he reveled in the anticipation of the impending chaos. "The Earth will crumble under the might of our combined power. Your feeble attempts at resistance will be futile, and the world you once claimed to protect will become a mere playground for our malevolence."

He circled Kenzo like a vulture eying its prey, further taunting him with visions of destruction. "Your body," the Frost Monarch continued, his voice dripping with malice, "will be the foundation for mountains, and your blood will flow to forge rivers. Earth itself will bear witness to the insignificance of your reign as I reshape it with the power you couldn't control."

As he spoke of the impending calamity, the Frost Monarch seemed to take perverse pleasure in describing the gruesome fate that awaited not only Kenzo but also the world he had sworn to protect.

The Frost Monarch's voice echoed with malevolence as he continued to outline the depths of his sadistic plans. "As for Japan, the land where you were born and raised, I will freeze it over with an unyielding frost. The people, spared from a swift demise, will be trapped in states of eternal suffering. I'll ensure they live on, tormented by the cold grasp of my icy dominion, their lives a perpetual cycle of despair."