The personal beatdown {78}

Back to Yuji

The relentless battle between Yuji and Mahito raged on, each blow landing with brutal force, yet the cursed spirit refused to succumb. Mahito's ability to reshape souls allowed him to regenerate, making him a formidable opponent that seemed impervious to defeat.

Amidst the physical confrontation, Mahito, sadistic and cunning, sought not only to defeat Yuji physically but also to break him mentally. Transfigured humans, once innocent bystanders, now stood as grotesque pawns in Mahito's twisted game. He used these tormented souls to torment Yuji, attempting to shatter his psyche by forcing him to witness the atrocities.

Yuji, fueled by anger and determination, struggled to maintain his composure. The inner turmoil was evident in his eyes, a conflict between the desire for vengeance and the need to preserve his humanity. Mahito, sensing the emotional turmoil within Yuji, reveled in the psychological battle just as much as the physical one.

"Look at them, Yuji-kun. All the people that you couldn't save. Their suffering is exquisite, isn't it?" Mahito taunted, his words designed to erode Yuji's mental fortitude. Yet, despite the emotional onslaught, Yuji fought to keep his focus on the immediate threat.

The clash between the two intensified, the battlefield becoming a chaotic dance of curses and cursed energy. Yuji, though slipping into the abyss of rage, continued to resist the psychological onslaught. His fists struck with a mix of fury and determination, each blow echoing his defiance against the sadistic machinations of Mahito.

The intensity of the battle reached a crescendo as Yuji, fueled by a surge of determination and anger, unleashed a devastating Black Flash upon Mahito. The cursed spirit, caught off guard by the sudden surge in power, was sent flying several feet backward, unable to withstand the overwhelming force of the attack.

As Mahito collided with the ground, a pained groan escaped his lips. He struggled to rise, blood dripping from his mouth as a visible sign of the impact. The power of the Black Flash had left its mark, disrupting Mahito's cursed form and leaving him vulnerable.

Breathing heavily, Yuji stood his ground, the torrent of emotions within him now channeled into a focused resolve. His fists, still crackling with cursed energy, showcased the culmination of his training and the burning desire to protect those he cared about.

"I will exorcise you," Yuji declared, his voice resolute. The psychological torment inflicted by Mahito's sadistic actions had fueled a fire within him, a fire that now manifested in the raw power of his Black Flash.

Despite the damage inflicted, Mahito, ever defiant, managed to rise from the ground. His eyes gleamed with a mix of anger and admiration. "Is Yuji-kun mad at me You're truly becoming a fascinating specimen."

Mahito wiped the blood from his mouth, his form shifting as he prepared for another round.

Undeterred by the setback, Mahito, ever the manipulator of souls, seized the opportunity to turn the tide back in his favor. With a malevolent grin, he directed his attention to the surroundings, where the transfigured humans lay twisted and grotesque, their forms distorted by the curse's influence.

Mahito raised his hand, and the transfigured humans responded, moving with eerie, puppet-like motions. Their movements were erratic, a macabre dance orchestrated by the cursed spirit himself. Mahito, calculating and sadistic, used them as his pawns in the twisted game of battle.

As the transfigured humans closed in on Yuji, their movements unpredictable and unsettling, Mahito seized the moment to launch his own attack. His form blurred as he darted towards Yuji, aiming to exploit the chaos created by the manipulated souls.